Crackling sounds

About ten minutes into a Cubase session, crackling sounds start to occur during playback. They sound as if there is interference on my amplifier-speaker combination, but when I switch to another audio source on my PC (like YouTube), there is no problem. When I close Cubase and then restart the session, everything is OK. Also putting Cubase in the background and then foreground again makes the crackles disappeared. In both cases only OK the first few minutes though. Then the crackles start again. Is there a fix?

Is your CPU spiking? Cracking typically occurs when this happens. Is your Cubase audio output going directly into powered speakers? Sounds like it could be something in this chain? Looks like you’re using your onboard PC soundcard? I’d think about moving away from this to see if it solves the issue.

If you raise the size of the audio buffer (increase latency), do the crackles stop?

I’ll stop posting on sound quality and audio input/output issues. From the comments I keep receiving I conclude that I should really invest in a dedicated soundcard, so I can stop using ASIO4ALL and start using Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO. Thanks for bearing with me.

You’ll only be able to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver with a Yamaha o Steinberg card/interface but other “Pro Audio” cards or interfaces will come with their own ASIO drivers. Either way, a dedicated card/interface is a good idea.