Crash dump posting protocol

Is there an official “protocol” to post crash dumps so that they find their way into the Steinberg engineering team backlog to be looked at? I’ve got a few crash dumps that I’d love to share so they can be debugged.

Hi,

You can let Cubase to send the crash logs automatically.

Or you can share them here in the forum, in the best case with the description what happened before the crash.

Thanks! I searched the Cubase documentation for “crash” and couldn’t find an option to turn automatic sharing of crash dumps on. How can I make sure this is enabled?

When Cubase starts and a crash has been detected from last time it ran, you should see a dialog with the option to send the report to Steinberg.

Ah, thanks. I was hoping there would be a permanent setting to always and automatically upload crash dumps to Steinberg, but I guess I have to remember to do that every time manually if I get that screen on startup.

Anyway, I’ve uploaded the crash dumps here. Each one of these crashes happened while either in the middle of playing back a Cubase project (not editing anything), or just while Cubase was sitting there open but idling without me doing anything. After a bunch of reboots, these crashes went away, but I lost half a day of productivity :frowning:

Hopefully these crash dumps will help Steinberg fix this!
Cubase 12 crash dumps.zip (1.8 MB)

I should add that my system didn’t change - no new plugins, no updates to anything. They just mysteriously appeared, stuck around for a couple of hours despite Cubase restarts, and system reboots, and then disappeared, again without me changing anything about my system. Hopefully they’re gone for good now.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

The crashes are in the iZNectar3 plug-in.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll reach out to iZotope, hopefully they’ll be as responsive :slight_smile:

1 Like