(Crash) Failed to Create OpenGL

Hi Folks.

Started getting this new crash error randomly when opening Serato Sampler in Cubase 10. Not made any hardware changes but did recently update Cubase to 10.0.6 -Build 396 from previous update. Any ideas what the issue may be?

GFX Card is Geforce 210. Although i point out this crash is completely new and have been running both Cubase and Serato together for a while with no issues. GFX Card is with latest driver.

SCREENSHOT -

Many Thanks
W

Hi,

Please try this:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settins.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.

Thanks Martin.

Have just noticed the crash only occurs in the backed up projects themselves (File - Backup Project). I regularly use that function to create new projects from my existing one’s. Weird thing is i do that all the time (with serato sampler in there) and this crash has only just started happening this week. Even though i’ve rolled back to 0.40 and the crash still occurs I’m wondering if the 0.60 i installed a few days ago may have done something there. Maybe i’ve broken the install.

Of course it could be an issue with Serato Sampler itself. It doesn’t seem to like my old graphics card too much even when it’s working.

I just tried the old school method of duplicating the project file itself /renaming it etc and Serato works fine that way.