Crash: lost studio setup

Every time i launch Nuendo without my RME Fireface 800 off Nuendo forgets my entire studio routings. And you can’t store the external effects setups so I’ve got to set that all up manually every time.

Request for Nuendo to be smarter so I don’t have to :wink:

In fact, Nuendo hung and then crashed on force quit while loading studio setup preset while I was trying to recover from the above. :frowning:
hang on load studio setup.rtf.zip (27.3 KB)

What is you save each external FX to a “Favorite”? Then at least, when you reboot Nuendo and connect your RME, you can add the favorites back in quickly. I hope this helps!

Somehow this session has become corrupt. Everytime I open it and change a vsf connections setting nuendo freezes. I even exported track archive and reimported to previous session and nuendo crashes on import. Nuendo crashed 11 times me yesterday. :frowning:

Have you tried trashing your Preferences?

First, please shut down Nuendo. Go to Mac Hard Drive, Users, your user name, Library, Preferences. Trash all of the Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see inside of the Preferences folder. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Nuendo. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System). Thank you.

Hmmm, rather keep my prefs. But I’ll try.

Tried opening my session in a different user account and it crashed again. I think either way my session is corrupt.

Figured this out, a reinstall of OSX and Nuendo fixed.