Crash on Project Close with VEP

Is it still an issue that Dorico crashes when closing a project using Vienna Ensemble Pro in non-decoupled mode? I’ve experienced this and read it’s been an issue in the past. It doesn’t appear to be a problem in decoupled mode (and with plain Vienna Ensemble). Thanks!

No, that’s not a known problem. If you’re encountering that, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so we can take a look and see what is causing the crashing.

Would it be possible to email the report?

A couple other things which might help:

• I tried recreating the issue in a new, minimal project with seemingly the same environment and couldn’t. So there’s probably something about the larger project which is causing the issue – not just using VEP in non-decoupled mode.
  • After the crash, I force quit Dorico (macOS 12.6). When trying to restart it, it would hang at the initializing audio engine stage. I think the engine was still running from before. I had to restart the computer to successfully start Dorico again.

Thanks!!

If you encounter a situation where Dorico hangs on start-up after a crash or a hang, run Activity Monitor and find the VST Audio Engine process in the list of processes, then quit it. If Dorico is running and hanging again at this point, quit Dorico as well via Activity Monitor. Then you will be able to start the software again.

You can email the diagnostics to me if you wish, of course. You can email me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

That’s helpful. Thanks! Diagnostics report emailed.

I use Synchron Prime with Vienna Ensemble in Dorico regulsrly and have never had an issue- whether Vienna Ensemble was connected or not- FWIW