Crash on startup After upgrade from 7.5

Everytime I open Cubase Pro 8 it crash when the Steinberg Hub appears.

I successfully open Cubase when opening in safe-start and choosing any of the 3 choices. But it still crash the next time I open Cubase normally even after manually deleting the default.xml file.

My system is OS X 10.9.5
here’s the crash Log:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1268149/Crash%20Log%20Cubase%20Pro%208.rtf

thanks

Fred

That happened to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled C8. Seems to be solid now.

Sounds like the recent 7.5 issue is back for you… did you try disabling the hub at boot for now, as temporary workaround?

Good luck!

Edit: Correct information provided by Jon below.

Thanks Fabio,

I’m on 10.9.5, gonna change my signature.
Already tried disk permissions and disabling the Hub. Doesn’t look like it’s the hub.
I have emptied the VST and VST3 Folders for testing too.

Fred

Same here.

I’ve started up in safe mode no problems, but as soon as I try the normal way I get a crash.

I get a crash after closing the registration dialogue, a crash after selecting my audio interface, a crash after the hub.

I’ve disabled the hub and selected my interface while in safe mode, but I still can’t get the program to open.

7.5 is perfectly OK - I’m stuck on that until you can give us a clue as to whats going wrong.

Same here.

I’ve started up in safe mode no problems, but as soon as I try the normal way I get a crash.

I get a crash after closing the registration dialogue, a crash after selecting my audio interface, a crash after the hub.

I’ve disabled the hub and selected my interface while in safe mode, but I still can’t get the program to open.

7.5 is perfectly OK - I’m stuck on that until you can give us a clue as to whats going wrong.

Same here.

In my case its turned out to be St. Clairs Default Folder.

I actually had this problem with 7.5 - it always worked up until this version.

If you use Default Folder, you need to add Cubase 8 to its ‘ignore’ list.

I was having this problem and noticed that when turning off default folder x, on a mac BTW, my crash stopped happening.

From your crash log, it looks like Antidote is actually causing the crash. If you take Cubase back out of the exception list in Default Folder X and remove this file:

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Antidote - Texteurs.osax

do the crashes stop?

• Jon (author of Default Folder X)

Had the same type of crash after Upgrading. Did run only in safe mode.
Thanks for the hint concerning .osax files

My system didn’t like EasySIMBL.app and the file
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax

Romoving both and voilà - Cubase 8 is running
Hope this might help someone else.

Michael

I had similar problems. When the preferences were new the startup was perfect. As soon as Cubase built up fresh preferences and was started again, I’d have a crash. The culprit in my case was Default Folder X. As soon as I removed it C8 started well.

I had exactly the same problem with 7.5 and again after upgrading to 8.

In my case it turned out to be Default Folder. Just go to Default Folder System prefs and in the advanced section add Cubase 8 as an excluded app.

I had been running Cubase 7.5 successfully on mac mini, with yosemite 10.10.1, then yesterday decided to purchase the upgrade to Cubase 8, I downloaded and installed.

From there it now simply crashes when initial cubase screen appears. Does not even open in safe mode.
What is going on?? Please Help Steinburg.

My machine has no other added programs, its only for running cubase.

I reinstalled Yosemeite, i also then re installed cubase 8. but Keeps crashing on start up cubase screen?

this is what i get;

Crashed Thread: 22
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000cbcf53a

Can any one help?

I have exactly this problem, under almost identical circumstances. What’s annoying is that it just started happening - was working fine since I upgraded fro 7.5 to 8 last week. Now nothing I do can recover.

I had exactly this problem: fwiw, I finally traced it to the waveshell plugin in the VST3 plugins folder. I’ve read on other lists that this can cause problems.