Crash or disconnect cubasis after 10 min in background mode

Hi
I use cubasis as sound engine in background, and sequencer apps connect to cubasis through virtual midi ,and work with sequencer apps or lock my ipad for saving battery, so that cubasis is background mode .but after 10 minutes,cubasis crash or disconnect and off my sound .
There is this problem even when playback is running,and i play my audio tracks that I recorded and i want guitar improvise with them , in background mode or locked ipad.and some times cubasis crashes in ios ,and it rerun itself .
Does it is a bug ?
Very thanks of you if answer to me .
Ipad air 2
128g
IOS 9.3.5
Cubasis 2

Best
Pejman

Hi Pejman,

If possible, please provide me with the crash report to have a look where the problem could be related to.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi
Very thanks of you for quick responsively

Crash is seldom happened, but happens more disconnection midi or is stopped playback after 10 minutes in background mode. For example i running arpeggist app and mitosynth app and cubasis app . And send midi note from arpeggist to cubasis and mitosynth through midi channel but after 10 minutes cubasis sounds are disconnected,but mitosynth app is running and hasn’t problem . So that i have to bring cubasis on screen mode until runs again and connect midi or sound. Even This problem is happened ,when i running playback in cubasis with audio tracks and it is in background mode ,Cubasis is stopped ,until i bring it on screen mode again , and cubasis runs again.

Thanks
Pejman

Hi Pejman,

So far our engineers are not able to reproduce the problem.
Please see our testing results below and let me know if additional steps are involved.

Best,
Lars

Tested with iPad Pro, iOS 10.2.1:
1. Audio

• Enable Setup / Audio / Background Audio
  • Create an empty project
  • Double tap any audio file in the MediaBay to create an audio track
  • Set the markers around the audio event
  • Start cycle playback
  • Turn off the iPad
  • Wait 11 minutes
  • Playback continues as expected.

2. MIDI

• Enable Setup / Audio / Background Audio
  • Create an empty project
  • Add a MIDI track
  • Launch any app that sends MIDI, let’s call it app A.
  • In Cubasis, open the Inspector’s Routing panel and select app A as MIDI input
  • Switch to app A and start cycle playback of some notes, so that you hear Cubasis playing these notes.
  • Wait 11 minutes
  • Playback continues as expected.

Hi

I tried your tests and cubasis is OK properly. But I detected when cubasis is long time working , for example 45 or 60 or 72 minutes, in the following is begun the bug ( disconnect after 10 minutes) and every time i have to bring cubasis to screen mode . And I just found out ,when i close cubasis and rerunning again , it work ok without bug , and unfortunately some times with bug randomly.
This case is complex for testing , and this bug happened every time for me ,because i didn’t close cubasis , and i just brought it on screen mode . And This problem could cause risks to be for live performances.
I hope you could find the problem , because I can’t show you exactly When this happens . Some times randomly is ok .but mostly there is this bug for me . I haven’t this problem with other apps or with previous version of cubasis .

I added a picture of lapse times that I tested cubasis after First start of grund that cubasis worked 1hour.12 min.8sec and begin the bug : 8 min ,10 min, 11 min

iPad air2
128 gig
IOS 9.3.5

Pejman