Crash when exporting to empty destination folder

4.3 bug: If I wish to export pages as graphic and manually delete the content of the Destination folder field, when pressing the export button D. crashes.
And why would I do that? I wish for graphics to be exported to same folder as where the dorico-file is stored no matter where that is. Is there another way to do this? Better even support for relative paths? doesn’t seem to be possible.

Cheers
Morten Poulsen, Denmark

Can you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here, so I can take a look at the crash logs? It would also be helpful if you could provide a specific set of steps to reproduce the problem – I can’t quite follow exactly what you’re doing that results in the crash.

Of course. The Diagnostics are attached:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (451.4 KB)
Steps to recreate:

• open some dorico file
  • go to Print and choose Graphics for destination and SVG for format
  • go to Destination folder-field and delete the content (because I try to save in same folder as dorico-file)
  • press Export
    Dorico shows export progressbar that never advances and crashes a few moments after.

Are there any way to just save in same folder as the “parent”-file or perhaps a relative subfolder? I have the file stored differente on different computers where I work on it, and I have to change the destination folder a lot, hence the experiments :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Cheers
Morten, Denmark

If a blank destination folder does not mean (default to) “save to parent folder” then you are telling Dorico to save but not telling the program where.

I agree, but still shouldn’t cause a crash :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve tried to reproduce this today on both Mac and Windows and have been unable to. Unfortunately, there are also no crash logs in the diagnostics that were uploaded.

1 Like

Hmm, a link to a short video showing the error is here: Dropbox - VID20230103083452.mp4 - Simplify your life
Only happens with svg-filetype I think.

But even if this is not reproducable I would like to submit a feature request for export paths relative to dorico-file location. Thank you :smiley:

Happy new Dorico-year!

Cheers, Morten