Crash when moving event; stuck on Unloading Mix Console / Project

Cubase 13.0.30 Pro on Windows 10.

I was running a session with a vocal track. I used ARA Melodyne on it. Then I started making edits and moving phrases around. One phrase sounded like it was stuttering. Or like there were two versions playing back at the same time. I moved the event to see if anything was under it and Cubase gave me a crash pop-up. The application didn’t close, but I couldn’t move any events in the session.

It did allow me to Quit from the File menu and warned me that a -01 version would be saved to avoid corruption. However, the application never closed - two taskbar items persisted for around 15 minutes before I gave up: Unloading Project and Unloading Mix Console.

Cubase 13.0.30 64bit2024.4.26 7.27.39.700.dmp.zip (2.3 MB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Perhaps this information is also useful. In the same session, on the same track I was working on, I noticed that moving an event and changing it fades were very sluggish graphically. I bounced the event. No change. I also noticed that changing its volume on the Info bar would interrupt playback. But it would only happen on this one channel. All other channels and events behaved properly.

Then I notice that “Convert to Real Copy” was an option. I tried that, but it was still behaving as described above. But then I realized this track had another track version. When I deleted that old track version then it started working properly. So perhaps there was some conflict with shared copies across track versions and the use of Melodyne.

1 Like