Crashes when I use cursor to select, or when I'm adding a note

Support keeps thinking I’m not from the US. So I guess I’ll have to come here. Whenever I try to select, let’s say, the notes in the editor panel. My Cubase Artist 11 crashes. Sometimes, it’s as simple as using the draw tool. It has happened 12 times now and counting. Like I said, US support, no matter what I do, keeps thinking I’m not from the US. Has anyone had this issue; solved it? I’ve reinstalled Cubase and all of the plugins. I’ve even changed the hard drives they’re located on.

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Yeah I already tried that. I tried every option that was available. I’ll gladly do anything else or provide any more info that I can. Thanks for responding!

Hi,

You tried and what was the result, please?

Could you attach the .crash/.dmp file(s), please?
Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Same problem as the one that caused me to be here. I’ll see if I can find where the logs are and send them as soon as I can, thank you!

Cubase Artist 11.0.10.321 64bit 2021.4.16 0.03.17.162.dmp (843 KB)

Have you found any issues in the crash log?

Actually, I found the real issue (with no solution though). I tried moving a note down to another key and it moved in a weird pattern, then crashed my Cubase

I would send you a clip/ video. But for some ungodly reason, this website doesn’t allow links in the reply (even though it’s a clip straight from my pc)

Just drag the file to your post please.

When i do, it turns it into a link for some reason :confused:

Hi,

Share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hi,

What graphic card do you use, please? Do you have HiDPI screen? If yes, which scaling do you use in the system?

Do I understand you right, this happens only in the Key Editor?

I use a GTX 1060. I have a 1920x1080 monitor 165hz. Yes, it only happens in the key editor

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.