Crashing Projects Imported From Cubase 2

Ok … even though Cubasis 3 has no tempo change (which hopefully is coming soon) I decided to buy it anyway to help support you guys. Soooo first I’m on a 2nd generation 12.9” iPad Pro running IOS 13. Now I was in Cubasis 2 and had a project loaded, I hit share from the media bay and open in Cubasis 3, I closed Cubasis 2 and attempted to open the project in 3 and the whole app crashed to desktop, so I rebooted Cubasis 3 and attempted to open the project again and the same thing happened. Kinda bummed here. The new UI is nice … loving those long throw mixer sliders and the ability to scale them down sideways to get all the sliders on screen at once, but I really need my projects from 2 to work in 3 :unamused: Thanks

Hi cloudswimmer,

Thank you for your message.

While most Cubasis 2 projects should open fine in Cubasis 3, there can be cases where it fails.
Please give it a try to open the problematic project a few times. It can happen, that it will open after a while.

Please keep me updated, if it will.

We’re glad to hear that you like the new UI.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Cloudswimmer,

This is a known topic, in this case open another project and load the C2 project again, then it should work.

This is addressed for a fix in the next update.

greetings
Jan

Hi Lars, ok what I tried next was saving the project from Cubasis 2 to Dropbox, I then exported it from Dropbox to Cubasis 3, opened the project and it loaded and played … however as I mentioned in another post the VU meters for the audio files in in the project keep dancing around after you stop the song. Ok will report any other findings … Thanks … Chris

Hi Lars, ok what I tried next was saving the project from Cubasis 2 to Dropbox, I then exported it from Dropbox to Cubasis 3, opened the project and it loaded and played … however as I mentioned in another post the VU meters for the audio files in in the project keep dancing around after you stop the song. Ok will report any other findings … Thanks … Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to read that the projects load fine.
Do you have a simple example project where the VU meters does not work as expected, which you can upload and share via PM?

Thanks
Lars