Create chord diagramms from tab?

Hi all,
I’m just starting out to use Dorico Elements and overall I’m pleased by the very clear design principles and the beauty and efficiency of the software. Using the chord symbols and chord diagrams for some guitar instructional stuff I was wondering why the only source for creating chord diagrams seems to be the chord symbols. In my concrete example I have already worked out the tab. When I want to add chord diagramms to visualize those voicings the only way seems to be creating the diagramms by defining chord symbols and than choose and modify a diagramm until it fits. Wouldn’t it be the most natural way to use the information that is already contained in the tab and just visualize it in a chord diagramm? In other words I would suggest to use the tab information (if available) as an alternative source for the creating of chord diagramms.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @jazztom, and thanks for your feedback. You’re not the first person to make this request and I agree this would be a useful option to have. We hope to add it in a future version of the software.

That’s as well a feature I’m waiting for, so easy to do that in Guitar Pro : just pressing A on any note of the tab, then if satisfied with the chord name (most of the time) press Enter and voilà, usually less than a second unless the chord name is not the one you wanted.
Diagrams used in the score are even stored in a pop-up floating window that you can call and hide at will, very practical to quickly reuse diagrams.
Can’t wait for Dorico to be able to do that !!

2 Likes