Create custom template

After I created my master and default pages, add time/key signature, default text, added bars, etc. is there a way I can save that as a template? Then go to create a new project from template and I can select the set up I have such as “Piano Solo Custom” or is there a different workflow to achieve this I should follow? I searched the forum on help area but all I found was pointing me to creating master/default pages.

Welcome to the forum Sebastien-Jacob!
Capture d’écran 2022-02-11 à 16.57.11
That is what I get when I do File>Save as Project Template.

[Edit] Congrats to the Team. It’s the first time I create a template and I can’t believe how easy it is!

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. and your quick reply! That’s what I was hoping to also have but I don’t have “Save As Project Template” I did google a lot and search forum first but had no luck. I’m using 3.5 can you let me know what version you’re using?

That’s a new feature in Dorico 4!

1 Like

I was thinking that but I didn’t see it listed in the ‘whats new’ I was reading. Maybe I missed it. I was tempted to upgrade before and now I think I will… Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Please read the Version History document. It does list everything that is new and explains how to use it!
Version History 4.0.10

1 Like

Will do! Especially now that Im proud owner of version 4. I’ll review this document as I imagine the website/videos highlight the major updates/new features.

2 Likes

Hi, I am having the same issue, using Dorico 5, if I go in file, there is no ‘Save as Project Template’. Any idea where I am going wrong? I mean I can save as ‘My template’ in Dorico projects but it’s not ideal…
Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum, Joerg. Which version of Dorico 5 are you using? Save as Project Template is only available in Dorico Pro.

1 Like