Create secondary rehearsal marking using tempo text style

Is it possible to create a paragraph style based on Tempo Text? This does not seem to be an option in Paragraph Styles.

I want to be able to create a “secondary” rehearsal marking that would appear next to a primary one. Alt-Shift system text is too often prone to being displaced, and it seems that only Tempo Text behaves the way I want it to in terms of collision avoidance.

This is an example of what I want.

Tempo marks use font styles for their various components. You’ll need to recreate the look manually for paragraph styles.

If you want to move text items around, you can disable their collision avoidance.

Thank you, but I believe I may not have quite adequately explained what I am looking for.

I am not interested in re-creating the various font styles of a tempo mark. I want to create a text object that behaves like tempo marks do in terms of where they appear and how they handle collision avoidance—especially with rehearsal marks. The simple collision avoidance controls in the Properties Panel do not adequately replicate this.

You can’t do that. You can either use tempo marks, which behave like tempo marks, or use text items, which behave like text items.

The team is aware of requests in the area of “how things are positioned next to rehearsal marks”.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate knowing that the team is working on “things positioned next to rehearsal marks”.

Just to be clear, I said simply that they’re aware of the requests, not anything about whether it’s being actively worked on at the moment.

An important distinction. Thank you for clarifying.