Creating an audio/group/FX channel has a 90% chance of crashing my Cubase

My workflow has become a nightmare since I updated my Cubase 8.5 to 10. While i’m happy with the upgrades and the new features, the constant crashes make me waste a lot of time and I’ve even lost some progress in mixing sessions with the clients present.

The problem is very simple: everytime I try to create an audio channel, a group channel or an FX channel in a session of Cubase 10, 90% of the times I’ll get a crash. It happens in old 8.5 projects as well as in fresh 10 projects. It happens in busy projects, and in projects with 3 or 4 channels. It happens when I have many plugins loaded, and it also happens in almost empty projects. It happens when I create an FX channel with a set plugin, and also when I create an empty FX channel.

I have NEVER had issues like this with Cubase 8.5. Not a single crash or problem of any kind. Now, with the same hardware, same Windows system, same projects, and same plugins installed, Cubase 10 is a nightmare to use. On a daily basis I need to close my Cubase 10 project, open it in 8.5 to CREATE A GOD DAMNED CHANNEL, and reopen in 10.

I have tried updating Cubase 10 to last version, I have tried updating audio drivers, I have searched in this forum for similar problems, but there hasn’t been an effective answer so far. It’s becoming a real problem, to the point where I am regretting having upgraded my perfectly working 8.5 version.

Thank you very much for any suggestions that would lead to an effective fix. Cubase 10 is a wonderful DAW, and I want to fully enjoy its features.

My specs:
SO: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1
Audio Interface: Apollo Twin USB3
Intel i7-3770K - 32gb RAM
DAWS: currently Cubase 8.5 and Cubase 10. Also Reaper and Pro Tools 10
Plugins: UAD, FabFilter, Ozone 8, Soundtoys, Waves

Not that i can help you, but I know that those who can will ask you to post a Crash dump file so you might as well do that now.

Thanks for the suggestion. Here are today’s crashes. After 3 consecutive crashes I just closed 10 and opened 8.5 just to create an FX channel :frowning:
Cubase 10.0.30.236 64bit 2019.10.10 11.47.48.858.dmp (479 KB)
Cubase 10.0.30.236 64bit 2019.10.10 11.44.13.208.dmp (567 KB)
Cubase 10.0.30.236 64bit 2019.10.10 11.41.47.920.dmp (699 KB)

Could someone please help me? :frowning:

Sorry, I missed this thread, going to check your dumps tomorrow morning as soon as time allows.