Creating Loops

Hello!

Can Cubendo create loops? Not repeating sections, I mean, loops like ReCycle or Acid would create, so you can change tempo, stretch-out, etc, like a REAL loop.

Sequoia can.

I don’t know if it has been added to the list of feature requests already, but it would be nice to have.

I have this audio clip of a percussion ensemble, and I would like to build an orchestration around it, but I want to change the tempo. being able to create a loop of it would be the way to go, I think.

Any ideas?

Thanx!

Yes, you can make loops in cubase.
I guess what you want is the mididata rendered to audio, and then use this audio files as clips that can be time-synced.

There are several ways to do this.

1. you can export your tracks to audio (f.e. between two locaters f.e. 4 bars) Reinsert those audio clips and go on from there

2. You can also assign your vst to a group channel en render them to audio from the main window, and then drop it to a new audio track. Basically the same proces. Render to audio between the locators so you get audioblocks that you can sync to the tempo. Be sure to use the Musical time base for these tracks (is indicated by a note symbol on the track)
    If you want more info on the different modes: look in the manual on page 90.

3. but on the other hand, if your question is clear to me: when using vst’s and mididata they are allways in sync with the tempo, so you really do not have to render them to audio to have them in sync with that sample. Just use the musical time base for your wave you want to sync with, and that should do the job ?

kind regards,
R.