Creating metric modulation symbol

Bonjour, I wish to create this metric modulation symbol.
I do not care about the playback, since it is to be played by a human pianist.
We are in a 12/8 section going to a 4/4 section.
How do I create this symbol in order to put it at the begining of the new section?
[The value of a duolet eight note in 12/8 = the value of a quarter note in 4/4]

Merci!

Benoit

@dan_kreider, I was going to show @midiese how this would look with MusGlyphs, but I canā€™t find the eighth with duplet symbol. Is that in the font and Iā€™m just missing it?

Maybe you could use the equivalent double note values, i.e. q.=h ?

@midiese, is it safe to assume that you have one or more voices (parts) with explicit duplet divisions in a compound meter, and that you want them clearly related to the new beat in a (x/4) simple meter?

Yes, in deed. (see picture)
The result for the instrumentist (there is a piano as well) is that
the lenght of the eight note in the duolet (in 12/8) becomes the
new metronimic value (an quarter note) in the 4/4 section resulting in a faster
tempo feel.

I figured as much.

@PjotrB had a good practical suggestion, but if you can wait until @dan_kreider, who designed a fantastic font called MusGlyphs, has a chance to see this and respond it will be worth the wait. The font has ā€œhanging-bracketā€ triplet, quintuplet, and septuplet symbols attached to various note values, which makes working with it for things like tempo equations a dream! I just couldnā€™t find a duplet symbol.

Thank you@judddanby,

I will wait !

Enjoy your day
B.

I played around with Metrico a little bit and was able to create the metric modulation indication by typing <2e =q> in a text popover (Shift+Alt+X on Windows). I havenā€™t found a character sequence for MusGlyphs yet that creates a similar result.

1 Like

Nice!

Hi @Martin90 ,

this is great,
How can I download this font.
I went on : https://github.com/, I found the font but I have no idea how to download it.

Merci!

B.

Downloading binaries directly from the GitHub website is a bit tricky.
You can download the font file here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad itā€™s working. To close the loop, MusGlyphs does not have this option at present.

1 Like

Thank you all,
I have succeeded with your help!

B.

2 Likes

Great! Glad to hear it works for you as well.

1 Like

:white_check_mark: for @Martin90.

1 Like