Creating multiple export mixes/backing tracks

I often need to make multiple exports of the same song with different tracks enabled: A mixdown of everything, a backing track for gigs with just synths enabled, a backing track for the singer with all his guitar/vocals muted and sometimes multiple backing tracks for other band members.

What I’ve tried

• I’ve tried using VCA faders for each ‘mix’, but this won’t work since a track can only be linked to 1 group.
  • Folders won’t work because of the same problem as with VCA faders
  • Mix snapshots won’t work because I want to recall mute/solo, and mix snapshots won’t do that, aside of the fact that then I wouldn’t be able to use them for what they’re for.
  • I’ve tried using groups and sends, but that doesn’t work either because then I’d have multiple tracks of the same instrument going to the main output, causing the mix to change.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can create multiple mixes with different tracks muted that would be easily to recall?

Hi,

You could set the Groups output to Not Connected. Then you can select to export the Group channel in the Export Audio Mixdown window.

You can also use the Direct Routing feature.

1 Like

This basically lets you easily create multiple independent mixes in parallel.

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply. Thank you for the tip, this helps a lot! I was wondering how this would work with FX tracks. I often work with a couple of FX tracks to which I send from my audio tracks. I would have to route the FX tracks to my different mixes which could cause the reverb of audio tracks that aren’t present to be heard in the independent mix, correct? Would duplicating the FX tracks and routing them to their corresponding mixes be the correct approach?