Crossfades in Cubase 12 - WTF Happened?

What in the world did they do? Is it just me or did Steinberg make simple edits to crossfades MUCH more complicated and nearly impossible in Cubase 12?? In older versions, it was so easy to grab a side of the crossfade X on the waveforms and move or drag to resize. That apparently no longer works. Instead, clicking on the crossfade X, which Is the only thing you can do now, opens an overly complicated crossfade editor. You can only seemingly stretch the crossfade one way now, and it’s the wrong way.

While it’s great to be able to customize crossfades in the editor (in theory, that is, because it currently works like garbage), the ease of manipulating simple crossfades on the fly now seems impossible. This is unworkable and unacceptable as crossfades are an essential and basic tool in audio editing.

Am I missing something here? Crossfades in Cubase 12 Pro definitely do not seem to work the same as in previous versions. This sucks.

1 Like

Hmmmm…thought it was me having a brain scramble. Yes, it seems stupidly harder. Any comment from Steinberg?
“life used to be so hard, now everything is harder cause of you”. Thanks, CS&N

As usual, there’s at least a semblance of an answer when I decide to actually read the manual:

You can activate a simplified Crossfade editor in the Preferences dialog. Select Editing > Audio, and activate the Simple Crossfade Editor option.

However, I still don’t see the crossfade appear. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong.