Ctrl+Click arm-record on a track should exclusive record just like exclusive solo

simple thing, faster workflow.

The idea with a exclusive record is good. But I dont like that idea that you should have a binding to control. This type of functionality is broken since it assume input-focus on specific window.

Not sure what you’re saying exactly?

That the preferences should map them.

Still don’t get it.

All I’m suggesting is that the track record-arm button can have ctrl+click functionality just like the Solo button as where it will negate all other solos thus making it the only solo’d track in the project.

If you like it to be on ctrl you should be able to do that. But stop that window-bound functions! If you dont get dont bother
it’s a geek thing.

how else would it be done???

what a strange thing

a click on one record button just arms that track
so why should this be changed?

I really don’t get the point at all

That is ok. We all have different way of working. We dont even use the program for the same thing, but if you remove all features that not everybody is using it will become useless. This function is the same as “unselect all arm-record and select a single arm-record”,
it might even be possible to a macro for it.

It’s possible to create a macro/PLE, but… I’m running out of keys.

It’s pretty simple, you maybe recording 32 tracks, and then have some overdubs or redos to do on individual tracks. You have to then disarm tracks, so why not just arm the track you need and automatically disarm the others?

It’s pretty simple, you maybe recording 32 tracks, and then have some overdubs or redos to do on individual tracks. You have to then disarm tracks, so why not just arm the track you need and automatically disarm the others?

Why not just arm the tracks you need?
you have to click some anyway…

Huh? You’re not getting it - have you never done multi-track recording of a band? ‘Just arming the tracks I need’ isn’t the contention, it’s disarming tracks I don’t need armed… The reason those track were armed… is because… I needed them armed at the time…and then… no longer need them armed and only need one track armed…

Do I need to explain this more? :laughing:

Do I need to explain this more?

this is useless, since the other way works very well
it’s very handy to use key commands :wink:

What other way?

If I’m recording:

-Vocal
-Electric Guitar
-Bass
-DrumTrack1
-DrumTrack2
-DrumTrack3
-DrumTrack4
-DrumTrack5
-DrumTrack6
-Piano
-Talkback

and then only need to record bass overdubs - what would be quicker than ctrl+clicking on the bass record-arm?

Yes I can create PLE for this, but then I have to bind it to a key of which I have very few left.

The other way, would be to select all the tracks, disarm, and then arm the bass - and this doesn’t always work well if you have a huge session with tracks scattered all over place and folder tracks within folder tracks (which may not be armed).

My idea reduces this down to one modified click…

Agree, for those big projects with hundreds of tracks it would be a great feature, without disrupting old workflow.
+1