Cubae 12 Midi Remote API - Browsing instruments, inserts, sends

Hi!

As the title says, I’m interested to know whether the new Midi API covers the possibility to browse instruments, insert and send effects.

I would for example, like to click a button on my controller, and then get a list of available vst instruments in order to browse and choose one.

A second example is to choose a specific vst effect from a list exposed by Cubase upon pressing a button on my controller, and set it to my Inserts slots.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you!

Without having the opportunity to check this out, for at least some hours more, I believe the key command Preset: Open Browser can open the preset browser for whatever plug-in is currently in focus.

But to choose an insert plug-in to load on a blank slot, I think we first need a way to target a specific slot of a track, which is not available yet with the new Remote.

1 Like

I see… Thank you very much for clearing this up!

Another thread I was in along a similar line prompted the idea of using Preset: Open Browser and then the AI knob functionality (ValueUnderMouse) as a way to select presets.

I’ve not seen a way to get a list of presets sent to the controller itself - it would need to ask the VSTi what was available and go from there.

1 Like

Hi, perhaps my initial question needs some clarifications.

I’m not asking for presets of vsts, but for the vsts themselves, i.e. the way we see it upon “add Instrument”.
I recall that I’ve seen such implementation for the Mackie MCU, so wondering whether this could be added to the new API :slight_smile:

Ahh, yes, I misunderstood.

I think this would be a nice thing to have as well!

And it’s true you can do that with Mackie Controller for both Instruments and Inserts.
And it would also be nice to have for the Channelstrip.
I basically asked Jochen about this in another thread, but haven’t made a feature request on it yet.

1 Like