Cubase 10.0.30 maintenance update available now

They tested for months and delayed several times and did not notice no sound in 64bit processing mode ??? Steinberg,what’s happening to you??

Thanks for all the small fixes!
Concerning ARA: 32 bit processing works very well except fading in and out…

And levels too (gain)…

‘Extensions’ isn’t showing up in the audio menu or the context menu and no extensions tab in system component information. Any ideas?

Here too, no sound in 64 bits, and no fades when Melodyne is open. I do not know how programmers could miss that. But basically, it’s really fantastic this integration. A big step forward.

A shortcut please to “open” Extensions…

On my machine, 10.0.30 gets as far as “Initializing: ARA Services scanning plugins…” then crashes. Tried several times - Same thing.
Reverted back to 10.0.20 and it loads fine.
So, now I get to hunt for the needle in the haystack (plugin) that doesn’t like this update…

These cats must be really overworked and understaffed to forget to program shortcuts…

Version history for elements still points to 10.0.10 version.

The Remote Control Joke continues. Still no control of high-pass, low-pass and pre gain.

Still no triplet/dotted grid snapping in audio editors. I believe people have been asking for it since Variaudio/Audiowarp was introduced… over a decade ago.

Alas… Another update goes by and still no fix for long track names in the mixer wrapping to 2 lines on Windows 10.
Very disappointing.

And the transport panel hasn’t been sorted out. Still the ludicrous and unusable 1 liner. Maybe 10.5 then? Back to 9.5 I go!

Have you tried adding a space where you want there to be a line break? I’m on Windows 7 but that’s how I have to do it.

Pre-roll still unable to change the amount… I have to minimise it and then maximise it again (drag the 3 dots) to get it working (for a while). Floating and static transport bar. Does not manifest itself immediately with a new project

:open_mouth:

+1!

No good I’m afraid, space or no. The auto line break is apparently an issue with Cubase and Windows 10. When I was using Cubase with Windows 7 it worked just fine but as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 it no longer worked.
Steinberg seems incapable of fixing this problem.

Yea I’m not on WIndows 10 but maybe it implements a modifier+enter? like alt+enter for line break.

That second line is everything… must suck. Otherwise, did you get performance benefits switching to win10?

Nope, nothing can force a line break it seems.

Personally yes I did see a sizable performance boost when upgrading to Windows 10, but I can’t say that’s true for everyone. I’ve been really lucky with just how well my system is running, apart from the no auto line break thing I’ve have no real issues at all with either Cubase 10 or Windows 10.