Cubase 10.5.12 freezes when closing Fabfilter plug-in windows

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue? I’m having one related to this, although no hard reboot of the machine, just Cubase freezing and having to back out of it via Task Manager. Using Cubase 10.5.12, Windows 10 64 bit, minimal plug-ins - The Glue, one Izotope instance, RetroColor - all of which were working fine until updating Cubase. I9900k, 32 GB, Focusrite 18i8 USB - only use the computer for DAW work. Radeon R5 with latest drivers - no tweaking with settings.

Seems to be happen when I open Fabfilter plug-in - no waveforms display in the plug-in and the program locks up when I click the close box on the plug-in. Have to go into Task Manager, End Task, restart Cubase, same behavior when I open Fabfilter plug-ins. Have tried reinstall Fabfilter several times, it works for a bit, then the same thing re-occurs after a few minutes. According to the folks over at Fabfilter, it looks like something that appeared when Cubase was updated. Any ideas?

Hi,

Make sure you have the latest plug-in update installed, please.

If it’s still freezing, use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file. Then attach it here, please.

This is also happened withe the newest version of the plugin on Windows and OSX as well.
In the Farbfilter forum are also posts about this problem. The plugin works in Cubase 10 but since 10.5 it crashes.
This must be graphic problem, because if you don’t open the Plugin window it works.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with how Cubase is handling graphics.

I have this EXACT issue with the Virtual Tape Machine from Slate Audio. Opens fine. Freezes when I attempt to close it.

Hi,

If you are on Windows, could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file and share it, please?

How do I generate a DMP file in Windows 10? Additionally, I am having to force close Cubase so I am not sure if this will help you.

Hi,

There are several videos, how to use Microsoft ProcDump utility. For example here or here.

Same problem here with fabfilter. Uninstalled it. Recently had this problem once with Zenology.

Same problem. Cubase 12 Pro (v12.0.52) vs Fabfilter PRO-Q3 (v321).
When you click on X, Cubase freezes completely.
I did not understand how Microsoft ProcDump works at all.