Cubase 10.5.12 - No audio in Cubase after hours of uptime

Hi,

I have been having audio issues in Cubase 10.5.12 in a big template (consisting of hundreds of local vi tracks and vepro vi tracks connected to a slave) I use after several hours of uptime.

The audio issues are, all audio playback (including all vi instrument tracks, local and vepro) ceases to function in Cubase only after several hours of working uptime. But Cubase itself, has not crashed, meaning it is still responsive to menu commands and video playback still works as normal. Cubase also does not list as unresponsive in Task Manager. Interestingly, all audio plays back as normal outside of Cubase, confirming to me, that my audio interface is working as normal.

Yesterday evening, I created a small test template consisting of 1) a local kontakt instrument and 2) a vepro instrument connected to the slave and left it overnight to see if the same issues happen. They certainly do. This morning, both tracks were unresponsive to playback, but again Cubase, itself had not crashed and was not listed as unresponsive in Task Manager. I also created a new track/vi kontakt instrument in the test template to see what it did. The track was again unresponsive to playback and also the GUI came up as all garbled.

So this narrows any bad/rogue plugins I may have been using in my big template, out of the equation.

I have also double checked that my drivers (video, audio, network) are all up to date.

Any suggestions? Please advise.

Thank you,

Simon.

i7-5960x - Win 10 64bit - 128GB RAM - RME Fireface 802 - One slave

Hi and welcome,

Could you just try to increase your Audio Device Buffer Size, please?