Cubase 10.5.12 Update Issues

Hi,

Attach the crash dump file, please.

I’d like to move to 10.5.12 but can’t with the issues I have experienced repeatedly when trying.

What should have been a simple update turned out to be a time-consuming affair and I had to revert to previous 10.5. It’s been stable again since going back but I’m obviously missing out on the benefits of the update.

it’s not content being scanned sorry, it’s “licence check” and it does “87 licence content check” … :frowning:

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot of the message, please? To be really sure what we are talking about.

Now it looks like you have installed a content you have no license for. The solution would be totally different then.

Hi, I just updated and I am finding the same issues. Loss of prefs and key commands. I’ll try downloading the full version of 10.5.12 but I think I have to go back for now to 10.5.0 as that was working just fine for me.

The main thing with 10.5.12 update is that Asio Guard now is fixed from a nasty bug stuttering the CPU tp 100% or strangle affecting the audio with spikes. That was not guarding but was actually doing harm to the audio and stuttering. In this update there seems to be needed a rescan of the plugins, prob to know the latency of each plugin. So the update is worth it! It finally fixed my CPU spikes when using more then 50% cpu on a high or normal asio guard setting. Now over 50% CPU means no asio guard spikes! I used to have asio gaurd at low setting, now it is at normal. I am a bit scared to set it at high tough. Also the only thing now opening cubase or closing has now very long waiting times, why i do not know yet. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yes i can attach a screenshot, but i own all my licences and paid for them. There is nothing that i changed between the update and the previous version.
I Uninstalled Dorico SE in case it was the issue but it changed nothing.
There are stuff that i bought from Steinberg and who are missing in the list, liste the Dave polich soundbank, or the third granular library, but certainly due to the fact they don’t use a licence on e-licencer.

Before it was not the error message i was getting, i was getting a missing file in the Vstsound of programfiles/steinberg/cubase pro 10.5/Vst Sound/
the number 4 ! i was getting all the time “can’t find the file, ignore, delete” message at each startup, the file was there, and he was not finding it, so i clicked on “delete” to see what would happen (i saved the file somewhere else and put it back" and since then i have this error checking all the 85 licences…

Hi,

I cannot see any error message. It’s just checking the license. Do you mean it’s frozen on this? Could you try to give it a time, please?

The message was before… since i deleted the vstsound file he was looking for, the error message is not there anymore.

To give an example. before the update i was launching Cubase in less than 30 seconds. (SSD Evo Samsung)

Today, only the licence check take 55 seconds.
the whole cubase launching from the begining until the hub appears take 1mn10.

so before less than 30s, now more than one minute. i think there is a “problem”. :unamused:

I’m still iffy about updating.

Anyone else having troubles with the 10.5.12 update? Is it true that opening and closing waiting times are now alot longer?

Anybody who have updated, but have no problems? Would like to hear from you guys as well.

There has been some discussion in the beta forum about start times being longer. I’m on a newer Cubase beta version than the public version, however I don’t think there is a difference regarding recent update versions. SSD hard drive.

Some users are reporting a longer start time. I suppose to keep testing consistent, start time means from the double-click on the desktop to the point the Steinber hub appears. Mine is 30 seconds which is no different than prior C10.5 version load times. I’m not sure what variables are addressed in that period of time. I did not have any new VST’s for it to scan.

Is your eLicenser version up to date? Newest is 6.11.10.2265 for PC.

Tested this just now, I was curious because I know it always fires up really quick:
from the double-click on the desktop untill the hub appears : 15 seconds! Version 10.5.12
Having a couple of component-DLL’s disabled because I do not use them. Having lots of VST3 and VST2 plugins and instruments.
The smallest Dongle(that helped about 1 year ago) and latest E-licenser.
Older PC, SSD EVO 860 Samsung 500Gb.

i think the longer time is related to the bug who leaded to make the check licence. so pretty sure everybody else have the same.

i’m on 6.11.10.2264, installation in progress, will see ! :slight_smile:

Edit : Problem still there… i’ll try the support… if they reply.

Okay. Thanks so much for your feedback guys, much appreciated. I’m still in the middle of some projects now, so I think I’ll hold off the update.

Yea, same here. I went back to 10.5.0 and all is well.

Be safe and healthy out there everyone.

Solution provided by the French Support and which fixed my problem, here is what they told.

1. must reset the cubase parameters of Cubase
  2. close all programs)
  3. launch command Run, from Windows with Windows + R (Pc keyboard)
  4. Enter %appdata%/Steinberg
  5. find a folder called “Cubase Pro 10.5”.
  6. rename it in “xCubase Pro 10.5” for example so cubase doesn’t see it.
    Important : if there are other old cubase folders there, you must hide or delete these folders using the same way !
  7. on next start-up, Cubase will create a new folder with new parameters which, normally will fix the issue.
  8. The parameters you setup before like the Keyboards shorcuts ( Key Commands.xml) can be copied from the previous folder to the new one and have them back

(thanks gary, safe and healthy too for you and everybody !)

Hi,

We call this trashing preferences.

Almost the same is done, when you start Cubase in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please? The only missing part is, that this doesn’t delete the older Cubase versions preferences. So if the preferences are corrupted in an older Cubase version already, Cubase 10.5 inherits the corrupted preferences.

yes, the complete erase of the preferences folder is maybe better, but i didn’t know this safe start mode, thanks ! anyway, issues are fixed on my side.

after the update to .12 there was at least one missing *.vstsound-file. It was buried in an old halion-path. I copied all of them to C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\ folder where the rest of them live - no problems since ever then. By the way: no problems with starting up - no lagging.

Thank you for your feedback! I just updated to 5.12 and have no issues at all. Phewww!