Cubase 10.5.1x Non-Responsive when exporting audio not Realtime.

It sure would be nice to not have to kill and restart the Cubase process after exporting audio.

It very often is the case that if I render a new audio file without the “Realtime” option on, the Cubase interface becomes non responsive. If I export and overwrite an existing file (where Cubase has to put up an “overwrite?” dialog), then I have never seen the behavior. But making a new file most often causes the interface to die.

Anyone else getting this behavior?

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot of your Export Audio Mixdown window? There lots of parameters, which might help to reproduce it.

What OS do you use? Please add at least basic info about your system to the Sign line. Thanks.

Ok. See the attached dialog image.

My system is Windows 10, 64Gb RAM.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. I don’t see anything uncommon there.

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please?

I have not had any success using the ProcDump with Cubase, as I have mentioned in the past. I will try looking into the safe mode.

Thanks.

Are you sure Cubase has hung itself, sometimes the progress bar does not show anything, but the render completes anyway giving it enough time.

The interface becomes non-responsive, even after the render is complete. The play head remains at the end of the exported region.

It has sat overnight after one of these and it remains non responsive.

Hi,

Could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file while Cubase hangs, please?