Cubase 10.5 Bootcamp vs macOS Catalina or Big Sur

I’m in the market for a new laptop and kind of tied to macOS for work reasons. Otherwise, I’d dual boot Linux and Windows and be done with it: the former for work and the latter for music and play.

As much as I love new tech, the latest and greatest, and all the buzz around M1, I’m not wanting to make that leap yet. 16GB RAM limit and support for the tech I need at work is spotty, as are a lot of other things related to music production. Maybe in 9 months or a year.

Thus, I’m looking at 10th Gen Intel MacBook Pro 13 laptops. This isn’t a primary DAW in addition to work… just for travel, sitting on a couch, or laying in bed. My primary is an AMD 3950X desktop.

My question is this, because I’m seeing conflicting information or people just obviously don’t know what the hell they are talking about (Bootcamp is not a hypervisor… it is not a VM…): Given the consensus seems to be that Cubase (10.5 in my case) performs better in Windows than macOS, is it safe to say that running it in Bootcamp would be preferable to macOS? There isn’t some performance hit whether it is crappy drivers, or some contrivance from Apple, that would make Cubase perform worse in it?

Basically just trying to figure out if I should plan on Bootcamping it. Even if keeping Cubase in macOS makes more sense for performance reasons, I should still be able to share projects between the Apple laptop and Windows desktop given they both will have the same plugins and libraries.

Any suggestions on this? Can’t really find anything definitive googling it and I imagine some has gone through this same predicament before.

a similar situation, there is little information about using CUBASE ios and bootcamp. I i think many ppl work on PC.
in my experience it is better not to use Cubase on iOS . Many problems and freezes I made sure myself on the Big Sur Cubase 10.5 system

If anyone can help, I solved the problem in a bootcamp under Windows 10 + cub10.5 !
after installing CUBASE, the audio outputs were empty!!
go to —>
Is Built-in Audio Output selected in the Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System?
Is Out 1 and Out 2 selected in the Devices > VST Connections > Outputs?