Cubase 10.5 - Cannot Drag and Drop Audio File Between Tracks

Hi, I’m not sure if this is an issue others are experiencing, but let me post since I didn’t see any post about it.

When I try to drag and drop the audio file (no matter anywhere, Finder, Splice app, or Cubase file browser) into a session, it does not let me drop it in between the track. I need to drop the file at the bottom of the session to drop a file into new track.

For better explanation, here’s the video.

On Cubase 9.5, I’ve never experienced this issue, it always let me drop an audio file between tracks, and was able to create new track for it.

Is this bug or some preference things? Although I couldn’t find anything related to it in the preferences, as far as I could tell.

I’m on Cubase Pro 10.5.5, MacBookPro with macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hi,

For the several users complaining, this feature has been removed.

But you can still drag and drop it in-between the tracks in the track list, to create a new track.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the reply.
I see. Though it was surely nice to be able to directly drop a sample to specific location.
Now whenever I drop a sample, location is determined by the playback cursor, if I’m not mistaken?

Are you guys intending to bring back this feature at least optionally?

Hi,

You are right.

Hi,
Are you guys intending to bring back this feature at least optionally?

Hi! This was one of my favorite features , it’s very convenient to make a track from samples. Please return it. May be optionally (Drag n drop + CNTRL for example)

have the same problem! so how now i should work with samples from splice?