Cubase 10.5 Crash with change in Buffer Size

I am experiencing crash every time when I change buffer size either through Control Panel or through RME Fireface.

Any solution or any change in setting required.

Kiran

Hi,

Could you attach the crash/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Prob. the software driver of your RME crashes, and that might crash cubase…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Martin

crash dump file attcahed as requested.
Cubase 10.5.12.123 64bit 2020.3.29 16.01.11.246.zip (347 KB)

Same here.
I’m working with an RME HDSPe Raydat.

7/8 times over 10 crashes on changing buffer size.

@muzitek: are you sure that dump is related to the crash when changing buffer? It’s somewhere in the Plugin Set Delays… you never know, but seems a bit weird.
@giacomo: can you send over some dumps, please?

Hello Fabio,

I am attaching crash dump , hope this is for the event.

Also at the same time when I used to freeze instrument track , at the end of propcess the systenm would crash.

Kiran
Cubase 10.5.12.123 64bit 2020.3.24 13.17.37.591.zip (422 KB)

Hi Fabio,

Following my previous post with attachment of dump file , I tried to freeze one track and again my system crashed.

The file is attached herewith for your analysis.

Eversince 10.5 , I am experiencing various issues never experienced before. using cubase over 20 years.

Regards

Kiran
Cubase 10.5.12.123 64bit 2020.4.7 14.16.58.939.zip (350 KB)

Hello muzitek,

looks like there might be different issues. Crash .591 is again in the Plugin Set, I have to check this, but I’m pretty sure it’s an issue that’s already reported.
I’ll create a bug entry in any case. Do you have reproduction steps or, in case you have not, can you detail which kind of Steinberg Delay(s) you are using and how (on which kind of channel, which type of delay, etc.)?

Crash .939 is entirely different and is a plugin crash (Nexus.vst3).

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply.

I do use nexus- multiple instruments tracks.

In terms of delays I don’'t use any Steinberg plugins, what I use are third party UAD Roland 201 Delay, RMT 250, RMT 140 as Send. I have been using these plugins for many years right from Cubase SX series and 5 versions onward and never had any issues.

The session which crashes I have used Steinberg newly introduced Multi Tap Delay on Vocals or Sax as send .

It seems my auduo performance is compromised even with max buffer size of 2040. I use windows 10 and Intel 9, 6 core, 64 bit with 64 GB Ram, despite this audio performance is compromised.

Muzitek
Kiran

Thanks, we’ll check that.

Unfortunately I cannot help with the other crash. It contains one single operation from the plugin, we cannot actually see what it was doing.

I’d suggest to create a thread in the Issue section for the performance problems, detailing the PC specs, BIOS tweaks, previous trouble-shooting and possibly trying to figure out if it’s related to a specific software or not.

Best,

For some reasons I have no dumps in their path. :confused: