Cubase 10.5 crashes at start-up on MacOS 10.15.5 (Thread com.steinberg.baios)

I updated to Cubase 10.5 on MacOs 10.15.5, but was never able to run it. I tried many things I found in forums like deletion of the preference folder, deinstallation and reinstallation as full version etc. Nothing’s worked so far. I also tried to start it from another user on the Mac. No success.

Cubase says that it crashes when the following file is exectuted: com.steinberg.baois (2.8.0.75 - 2.8.0.75).

Any ideas?
Cubase 10.5_2020-08-15-112829_iMac-Pro.crash (112 KB)

Hi,

Yes, the crash is in the Steinberg.bios.

Do you have any older Cubase preferences? Could you try to delete even these older Cubase preferences, please? (You can move the folders to other place to keep them as a backup, or just ZIP them).

Thank you for your help!

I have tried this already. I have older Cubase installations and associated preferences (7.5, 9.5, 10.0). I deleted the 10.5 preferences and moved the 7.5, 9.5 and 10.0 preferences to the desktop and restarted Cubase 10.5. No success. Still crashing with the same error message. As I explained, I also tried to install it for a complete new user. There are no preferences of previous Cubase installation in this user’s Library folder. Also, no success.

I am thinking about a clean install of Catalina on an external drive and then try again.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-31213.

Hi,

The crash is while loading Komplete Kontrol bundle.

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable plug-ins], please?

Hi,

I did a clean install of Catalina, which solved the issue. Now it is starting up currently. Thank you for your support!