Cubase 10.5 does not save VST Instrument presets

Cubase does not save presets. When I try to save the VST instrument preset, the save dialog box does not appear and when I try to open a preset it does not appear. Except that the presets are present and seen in the MediaBay. This problem is also the same with Plugins
Thanks for your attention

O.S. Windows 10 Pro
Cubase 10.5.20

Giuseppe Sbernini - Italy

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Unfortunately I haven’t solved my problem. I can’t open and save the preset. When selection saves presets, nothing happens. When I choose to open a preset mip, they are not displayed, but they are present in the MediaBay. The problem is serious enough if I can’t save any presets. I would like if possible a technical description of how to deal with this problem. Thanks for your collaboration

Giuseppe Sbernini

Hi,

Have you tried in the Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

I tried starting Cubase in Start safe mode but unfortunately I haven’t solved my problem. I can’t open and save the preset. When selection saves presets, nothing happens. When I choose to open a preset mip, they are not displayed, but they are present in the MediaBay. The problem is serious enough if I can’t save any presets. I would like if possible a technical description of how to deal with this problem. Thanks for your collaboration

Giuseppe Sbernini

Hi,

Am I right you have an Instrument track, you open Inspector’s 1st tab and click to the cubase Load/crash Save Track Preset.
=> Nothing happens.

Right?

Do you have any older Cubase version installed? If yes, could you move your all Cubase preferences folder to the desktop and start your Cubase 10.5 after, please?

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase _X__64

Could you try to reinstall your Cubase, please? Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.
  • Install to the system (C) drive.

I only installed version 10.5.20 on my new PC. I brought the Win:% appData% Steinberg / Cubase X_64 folder to the desktop and started Cubase. Cubase created the new preferences folder ok, but Cubase has the same problem, I don’t open or save the VST instruments and plug-in presets. I haven’t tried to reinstall Cubase yet because I don’t see this type of solution correct. Cubase programming engineers should give a concrete solution to solve this problem and not just reinstall everything.
Very thank

O.S. Windows 10 PRO
Cubase 10.5.20

Giuseppe Sbernini

I solved the problem only with the remote intervention by Oscar Bonomi. I want to thank him for his professionalism and promptness for solving the problem but not only.
Giuseppe Sbernini - Reggio Emilia (Italy)

Hi,

What was the solution, please?

II honestly had a hard time following what Oscare was doing step by step, but I can list almost all the things he did.

1. GTX GeForce 1650 driver update in clean mode.
  2. reinstalled 2 C ++ libraries
  3. Updated eLicenser Control
  4. Reinitialized Cubase
  5. removed NVidia applications dedicated to games.
    Other things but I don’t remember.
    Oscar performed the operations with extreme speed !!!

Thanks for all

Hi guys. I`m having the same issue using Nuendo 11 under Win10. Just switched from Mac OS to Win and I never encountered Stuff like this. I too have a Nvidia card and game-ready drivers installed.

To save you some time: I could fix this disabling the win10 ransomware protection.