Cubase 10.5. keeps crashing

In the plug-in manager I clicked on very program and disabled the ASIO guard but the programs still opened after that and after drag and drop from an audiosample cubase crashed again… Did I do it the wrong way or is there an other way to remove or better disable a VST-plugin one by one?

Maybe there’s a way to move the plug-ins one by one to the blocklist to check which plug-in causes the trouble?

I restarted Cubase without the third party plugins and added the path for each third party plugin one by one again and rescanned it after adding each path and tried drag and drop an audio sample. That worked. But when I restarted Cubase again the old setting came up again. By example: I had EZ drummer that I don’t use anymore because I have superior Drummer now. I deleted the paths in the Plug-in manager and restarted Cubase but than the deleted paths were there again…

It looks like Cubase doesn’t remember the changes that I made. I didn’t save it after making the changes because I had to give it name than and would like Cubase to open every time in the same way. How can I do that?

I found a solution that seems to work on helpcenter.steinberg.de: Initializing preferences[

Corrupted program preference files can bring your Steinberg program into all kinds of troubles, particularly after installing an update.
Fortunately, refreshing the preferences is quite easy

Close all programs.
Open the ‘Run’ command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key and R on the keyboard simultaneously. The Windows key is located between the keys Ctrl and alt.
(To open the command prompt on Windows XP select ‘Run’ from the Start menu.)
In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example ‘Cubase 8.5’.
Rename it (for example, from ‘Cubase 8.5’ to ‘xCubase 8.5’) in order to hide it from your Steinberg software. The folder will only be hidden safely, if the change will be done before the original folder name.
If you find folders of previous versions of your program, make sure to hide or remove them, too.
Next time you start your Steinberg program it will create a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings - which hopefully fixes the problem you’ve experienced.

Hi,

Does it mean, after the preferences trashing, Cubase doesn’t crash anymore, please?

Thanks, it really helped.