Cubase 10.5 MediaBay USER Attributes Tags Error

Yeah, let’s not get one of the people fixing issues in trouble with his bosses. That’ll set a bad example for the others!

Thanks so much for the quick reaction Joerg, looking forward for the maintenance update, hope it will arrive before the new year so I can get hands finally on 10.5 :slight_smile:

That kind of behavior is … :astonished: something we have no problem with whatsoever haha! Thanks a lot! :sunglasses:

No worries, I have even not expected to get a definite date here (anymore). Not blaming you…just with these rather slow delivery for any bug there is little hope things will get sorted quickly…

Is there any update on this at all? 10.5 is useless to me untill this is fixed, and since its been over a month since this post with no update I am troubled that this hasn’t been fixed for the public.

Joerg (Steinberg rep) said he already fixed issue and it will be in next maintenance update which is still unknown when its gonna be available but I have feeling somewhere in January or February. Mac guys get 10.5.5 update some days ago but I didn’t check if this is fixed, I patiently camping on 10 till this get fixed.

What a joke.
I paid for the 10.5 update the first day it came out…
Now i’m still using Cubase 10 because 10.5 is useless without the the custom tags i made for my 4TB sample and loop library…

Thanks Steinberg…

I’m using 10.5 Winx64 and it’s the first time attempting to use User Attributes, and all the ones I am trying to create are just ###—ERROR—### Would be really good if this worked in C10.5. I wanted to find a way of better tagging my samples other than the horrid defaults in MediaBay!

Would be nice to find an update!

Not even sure if it will do what I want, but I am guessing (if it actually worked) it would replace my current rubbish Category and Sub-Category fields!

to Steinberg…
Please sir, can I have one that works? Cost a fortune, and then it kills the flow!

I’ll complain too, maybe this will help)))

I switched from Nuendo 10 to Cubase 10.5 on Win10 PC, and BOOM - all MediaBay user attribute tags are gone.

I guess it s a question of a maintenance update fix?

Any idea when it can be expected?

Cheers.

This was reported to be fixed on November 18th and still, in mid January we haven’t received the update to fix it for ourselves.

Disappointed as 10,5 for me is unusable without majorly hindering my workflow.

Maybe they are still on the vacation, NY holidays, etc. so they may need some time.

I’ve personally solved the problem - by reverting to Cubase Pro 10.0.50 build 301. Always something :wink:

hope it’s gonna be fixed in 10.5.60

Is there any indication of when this update is going to be rolled out?

Check out this post from Fabio: Cubase 10.5 and 10.0.50 - Current issues information - #2 by Steinberg_Archived - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I just hope that is properly tested and work like in previous version… Otherwise 10.5 will be unusable. How older I become I get more paranoiac with every update literally afraid that some vital feature gets screwed :confused:

Downloaded Cubase 10.5.10 quick tested and it seems works fine now :slight_smile:

I want to thank Joerg for quick jump and resolving this issue which was show stopper for me :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hey Grada, did you find that you had to re-do the new user tags you had tried to make previously? I found that to be the case.

Hi Steve,

No since all tags are written into file (wav/mp3 etc etc) itself no need for re-doing anything, otherwise that means that for every version you have to tag samples again. Thats why i am lay on mediabay all the way since even if you move samples to another studio you will get tags along with :slight_smile:

What you have to do is just pick your user tags( in my example “Other Tags”) from the various menu.

Mediabay is one of the underestimated features in Cubase and miles ahead of competition in browsing department, I think Gregg Ondo could promote it a bit through some tutorials especially customization such as user attributes and to explain that all tags are written into file(if you open tagged wav file into Text document and scroll all the way down you will see that they are written in form of XML) so people doesn’t need to be scared if they trash preferences/reinstall system/or move samples to another studio etc :slight_smile:

I just meant new tags created in Cubase versions that had the bug. The tags reside in the sqlite database, and even if they’ve not been applied to any files, one can still create them, and for the way I was using it, I had to recreate the tags made during that time. Of course they couldn’t be applied to any files since they were “errors”.

I’m posting mostly for those who arrive here via a search.

I totally agree with your estimation of Mediabay - I use it in different ways and it’s totally flexible. It does have have a learning curve though! I’d bet if someone made a request during an online hangout he would tutorialize. :slight_smile: