Cubase 10.5. not working in Big Sur (eLicenser Update Problem: "Still Applications running")

Hi!

I updated my MacBook Pro one or two weeks before to Big Sur.
Since this Cubase 10.5 won’t work anymore.
The eLicenser shows errors.
After a research I deactivated the firewall, but no changes.

Now I am trying to update the eLicenser control center software and Cubase 11. But unfortunately updating eLicenser control center software won’t work too.
It shows the error that update isnt possible because applications used by the eLicenser are still active. But that’s not the case. Please see the screenshot.

Does anyone have any advice how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot
Frank

Hi,

I can see eLicenser Control application is running, therefore you cannot install eLicenser Control Center.

Thanks for your help, but this is the eLicenser update software.

Hi,

Then try to restart your computer and install the eLCC immediately after the start.

You can also open Activity Monitor to see all processes. Try if Synsopos is running.

That was working.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
ELicenser is installed, Cubase is working again :slight_smile:

Hello community!
I had troubles with the elicenser after updating to Big Sur:

I solved this, but now it won’t work again.

Note: During the last times when starting cubase I always had to remove the dongle after a error message appeared (same message as noted below) and put it back into the slot - then it was starting cubase.

But Now I have to enter a new activation code and this wont work.

-Elicenser needs very long time to find the dongle
-the elicenser Software is Very Slow (I think because of communication problems?!)
-after recognizing the dongle activation license can’t be activated because dongle won’t be found again

• if the dongle will be found (after some trials) the license download won’t work. The license just won’t be downloaded.
    The error message when trying to download a license or starting cubase is:

Applikation ‘LCC2’ hat den folgenden Fehler verursacht: (following error:)

An unknown interapplication communication error occured. In case the problem persists, please close all applications and restart your computer.

I restarted my mac and reinstalled the elicense software (update from .1290 to .1292)

But the error stays the same.

No chance to download a new code and install it on the dongle.

By the way my firewall is deactivated
Any advice?

Thanks
Frank

Did you buy an update?

my codes are running for about 4 months or 400 starts (something like that), so i have to enter new codes from time to time.