Cubase 10 5 pro not responding video export

Hi, have a problem with cubase 10 5 30 pro build 365

When i try to export video the program freezes and stops responding.

Windows 10, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, OS build 19042.1466, Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz, RAM 32,0 GB

I tried small and big videos, tried video files converted with different supported codecs - same result.

Will be thankful for any advice how to fix the problem.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 11:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase11

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Is it the same command for cubase 10.5.30?

Hi Martin. Is everything ok with the dump file and you got it?

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Or could you try to trash all Cubase versions preferences, please? Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I tried with all the options of safe mode and i still can not export videos.

Do you mean that i should trash all the versions preferences and run the procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase10.5 command again?

Hi,

You don’t have to run the Procdump after preferences trashing (backup the folders beforehand, please). Just start Cubase and try to export video, please.

thank you, Martin
After the cleaning up the folder Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase video export became alive.

1 Like

Hi! i’ve tried by thrashing the steinberg folder in app data. Tried to export video but the program suddenly closes. And i still have the problem with video window inside the project

Hi,

Did you trash the preferences folder when Cubase was running? I wouldn’t do so. Please quit Cubase first.

Of course i quit Cubase first, then delete the files in appdata, and the problem keeps going. In fact i never can export video since i have cubase, and the video experience is very anoying

Hi,

Do you get any DMP file(s), please? Could you attach it/then, please?