Cubase 10.5 - VST3 not working/CPU overloads - VST2 ok

Cmon Steinberg…Get your act together!!!

Same here, CPU load on 10% CPU spikes on 100% and seems like ASIO GUARD doesn’t do any difference when low, normal, high or even off.
Even when I using one single channel with sonarworks inserted on out bus (in low latency setup) with 192 khz and 128ms latency.

By the way, I using a I9-9900K with designare and thunderbolt RME UFX+

Hi Crew!

Managed to reduce overloads by updating BIOS, but is still much higher if compared to 9.5

Wanted to let you know that some VST2 and VSTi2 plugins also cause problems, 10.0.40 working fine here.

Mac Mini 2018, Mojave 10.14.5 and 6, 6-core Intel i7 3.2GHz 16 GB RAM, SSD+ 7200rpm HDD.

I got this using Nugen Mastercheck (v 1.7.0.1 latest, VST3) which I always have in my control room for monitoring (Cubase Pro 10.5.0). The Real Time usage meter is pegged, even in a completely empty project when not playing.
After the Plugin Alliance report by the OP, I checked all mine (I have 32, counting mono’s and mix versions) and only the ACME Opticom (v 1.6.0 VST3) has this issue, however, unlike the Mastercheck plugin, it’s the Average audio processing usage that’s pegged. Strange.
These are the only plugins I’ve seen this behavior on so far. Anxiously awaiting a fix.

Suspend VST3 plugin processing worked for me as well. I didn’t need ASIO guard set to high; I was able to leave it on Normal and my CPU spikes disappeared.

Cheers, Unspoken!

Suspend doesn’t do it for me, sux

I’ve already done this, didn’t help, but thanks all the same.