Cubase 10.5 w/ Behringer X-Touch

To resolve the angle of the LCDs you can buy a cheap laptop Stand at IKEA , that did solve the problem perfect for me. Just € 4,99
Alle producten. Bestel online of kom langs! - IKEA The size fits perfect :mrgreen:

Nerdy, perhaps, but still pretty cool. :slight_smile:

From my experience, the X-Touch does a pretty complete implementation of the Mackie MCU protocol, so it’s not specific to Logic. It’s just that Behringer’s videos focused on Logic in their demos rather than showing it with a lot of other DAWs, and if I recall correctly (I no longer have an X-Touch) the button labels may have been presented from a Logic perspective as well.

So, anything you can do with the MCU protocol, be it in Cubase, Max, etc. is most likely supported on the X-Touch. You just have to figure out which buttons map to what, which was where I spent the most time.

A much more elegant hack than my rolled up towel. :slight_smile:

Hey man,
To controll parameters of a plugin or a synth you don’t need any workaround. It just works straight out of the box. But in my opinion, it’s not worth the time/trouble to access the parameters. It’s better to go with the mouse or even an iPad with TouchOSC/Lemur/Metagrid will do better.

Ive read everything i can on this and have been using my X-Touch with Cubase 10,10.5 and had no problems. Where i have run into a problem is I wanted to add an expression pedal so plugged it in and got nothing, i then worked out the only way for the expression pedal to register in cubase was to change the setting in the midi port setup to select the “All Midi In”. This now allowed me to see that the expression pedal would sending out CC46, the problems is that touching pretty much any other button on the X-Touch also caused a variety of midi note on, cc messages to also be sent.

So does anyone know how i could set it up so that only the expression pedal sends the CC message and no other buttons, also i dont know how you can change the CC number that the expression pedal sends as there is no editor like the compact version so if anyone know how to change this as well would be appreciated.

I use one with Windows 10 and Cubase 10.5. It works OK for most of the regular stuff like transport, punching, saving the project etc. I use the faders and pan, but it seems awkward to use for any of the other VST controls so I just mouse those.

The only real problem I have is that sometimes if I am nudging the fader just a little bit, Cubase pushes it back to where it was before the nudge. In those cases, I have to make fine adjustments with the mouse, which defeats the purpose of having mechanical faders. It is as if I have an automation curve that is pushing back to the X-Touch – but there is no automation on that track.

Also sometimes the faders have become entirely one-way – they move in response to changes in Cubase via the mouse, but Cubase won’t recognize any changed in the X-Touch faders. In that case, I usually power everything down and boot clean. That happens every week or two.

The big transport knob seems pretty worthless. It is not smooth mechanically and it moves the cursor way too slow to be much use. There might be a shift sequence to move it faster, but if I have to use two hands to move my cursor, I’d rather just use the mouse or computer keyboard.

I don’t know if this applies to your situation but thought I’d share in case it’s helpful.

I experienced this behavior, not just with the X-Touch but also the Mackie MCU I replaced it with. I also own a few of the CMC controllers, which I use in the live room. What I eventually realized is that having two controllers meant contention between the two, i.e. it wasn’t my X-Touch or MCU, or even the Cubase mixer that was pushing back, it was the other controller. Once I disconnected it and had just a single controller, be it the X-Touch or the MCU, the problem went away.

Interesting. In my case, I have just the one control surface.

Yeah, that was along shot.

Hello, I’m getting issues using the X-touch in Nuendo, none of the buttons do what is expected like in other DAW’s.

Is there a work around?

It looks like the x-touch one works well with Cubase, the Click button etc works as expected but I just cannot get it’s big brother working properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, If you ever find a solution to the fader nudging issue please post it here. I have the same problem and it is really the only annoying thing I experience with the unit. Exactly like I have automation running and I don’t. Have not been able to solve this problem.
Thanks.

Can anyone with X TOUCH ONE (the smaller single fader version) and Cubase 10.5 confirm 100% for sure that a footswitch can be used to start and stop RECORDING?

bumping for viz.

i am considering buying an x touch one to use with 10,5 pro

can anyone please confirm the footswitch input can be setup for RECORD start/stop?

I bought an X touch and just want to let anyone else know the footswitch record works perfectly.

hi, how do you control the parameters of the VIs? X-touch controls the DAW, but when we have to control a VI what is the procedure?

Bonjour les musiciens, j’ai une x-touch, j’ai remarqué que les fader font du bruit bizarre en automation, es ce que c’est normale ? Si pas normal c’est quoi la solution

Merci