Cubase 10.5 won't install

Hi,

I’ve just purchased and downloaded Cubase 10.5 Artist as an upgrade to Cubase Studio 4.

I initially downloaded the update file in error (the one that seemed to infer versions older than 10). After many error messages I downloaded the full version instead.

The zip file has downloaded, but when I got into it and double click on ‘setup’ the cursor turns to ‘thinking’ mode and the whole system grinds to a halt. Ctrl, alt, delete tells me that the folder isn’t responding and when I cancel it my screen goes grey.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this and install the program? I’m on Windows 10.

Hi,

Please, make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.
  • Install to the system (C) drive.

Hi,

Well I was following the instructions on the Read Me file, which said to double click on the folder to extract. I double clicked and found an icon that set SetUp which wasn’t an exe.

I ended up delving into the ''Additional Content" and then “Installer” folders to manually install all nine of the installer packages in there.

Now that I realise that extraction didn’t actually take place, I’m in the process of unzipping the file and re-installing the program as intended, although maybe my previous manual installation would have worked ok.

Clarity is key.