Cubase 10 Broken

Cubase 10 is severely broken and I wish steinberg would fix it. Now before anyone starts getting on their high horse and saying it must be my installation I have tried everything and I mean everything including a clean installation of windows 10. This has been tried on 3 different machines running windows 10.

The issue is severe GUI graphical issues. After a while of using the software the top toolbar becomes unuseable where you can’t click the toolbar icons and you have to hover the mouse under the icons before they register a click. The pixel precision is also way out. When trying to move the volume slider in the editor view you can’t hover the mouse over it you have to have the mouse a few mm’s under it before it will slide left and right. I have contacted technical support and tried everything they suggested which included deleting every trace of cubase off the system including all preferences in user/appdata etc. Tried install in my laptop with Windows 10, same thing happens. Tech support said it must be the NVIDIA card I have which I find hard to believe. All nvidia cards conform to the directx standard, its 2019 not 1987. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB. Cubase is the only program with the graphical issues. Ableton, propellerheads reason all work perfectly. I have to say these issues didn’t happen on Windows 7 but I can’t downgrade now nor should I have to. All the latest drivers are installed. I have even tried basic generic drivers as well but the same thing happens. The only way to stop the toolbar glitching as frequently is to run cubase in windows 7 compatibility mode which is a pointless excercise as it makes cubase far to slow and laggy. My machine is more than capable of running windows 10. 32GB ram, Ryzen 7 1700 processor 2tb ssd hard drive. These issues have happend since Windows 10 so there is definately a cubase compatibility problem with 10. Whats even more frustrating they have just closed by support ticket as solved??? It isn’t lol. They seriously need to release some kind of patch to fix the issue as it is having a bad impact on my projects I need to work on for clients. I have included a screenshot so you can see what I mean regarding the graphical issue. Also I have tried HiDPI on and off same thing happens.

I was wondering if anyone is having graphical and stability issues with cubase 10.

I concur - i have a reproducible crash occurring on three different versions of OSX - the toolstrip when one selects the warp option.

I only bought the Pro 10 upgrade due to the special offer for Steinbergs 30th birthday - was last on version 4.

Having used Ableton which has been utterly reliable as a workhorse it doesn’t bode well.

Bug report
Daniel Stenning
Today at 19:40
selecting Timewarp/warp grid toolbar item via contextual menu. causes crash.

Process: Cubase 10 [1205]
Path: /Applications/Cubase 10.app/Contents/MacOS/Cubase 10
Identifier: com.steinberg.cubase10
Version: 10.0.20.187 (10.0.20.187)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Cubase 10 [1205]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-06-13 19:38:18.103 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G7024)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 160DF0F9-388B-BB13-E196-465BDEB3CB4D

Time Awake Since Boot: 8800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Yes its very frustrating. I dont get crashes to desktop, but what happens somemes is when you load another track it will just freeze and u have to end it in task manager. They have truly broke this version. Since windows 10 everyone has jumped on the flat GUI “look me too” bandwagon. Totally ruining the experience of the application. Steinberg tech support is shocking. I am in 2 minds in claiming a charge back from my credit card as really its not fit for purpose. If you bought a new hardware synth and it didnt work you would get a replacement or refuns straight away.