Cubase 10 does not recognise some VSTs available under 9.5

Hi all

First time post here. I am a new Cubase user, having transferred to Cubase from Cakewalk Sonar Platinum last year. Bought C9.5 last year and upgraded to C10 on the weekend. I have a relatively new PC, which is about a year old, and am running Windows 10.

Mostly Cubase 9.5 has worked fine for me. I really like the program and am keen learn how to make best use of it. Only real issues I have had have been in relation to VSTs.

On Saturday, I was a bit disappointed to find that projects that worked fine under C9.5 could not operate under C10 because certain plugins had been blacklisted and others were simply missing (I think most were VST 2 64 bit, although some may be VST3). So instead of spending time recording (which is what I really wanted to do), I instead spent a couple of hours debugging and hunting for plugins. As things stand, C10 is still not quite working right and I am considering whether I need to reinstall various plug-ins.

I don’t really understand why Cubase has issues with 3rd party VSTs from reputable suppliers when Cakewalk is able to handle these just fine. These are not obscure plug-ins. Things like Kontakt 6 player (running various Output instruments like Substance, Analog Strings etc), Isotope plugins Waves, etc. For some reason C10 had a problem with EzDrummer 2 but not EzKeys. Go figure …

My questions are:

1. Has anyone else had this issue with C10? I saw another post that reported something similar but not quite the same.

2. Do I really need to reinstall all my plugins so that they will run smoothly with C10? I really don’t want to do this, as Kontakt in particular is a pain to set up.

Any suggestions or comments gratefully received.

Redoubtable