Cubase 10 Elements no sound

Hello.

I just moved from Cubase Elemnts 9 to Elements 10 version.
I loaded everything up and started new project and all is fine but every time I want to open any of my old projects (from Cubase 9) the sound doesn’t play at all. There is no indication on the meters that any of the tracks are played. I checked all the connections and set up, checked the drivers and Bus Out set up, everything seems to be fine but there’s no sound at all.

After trying to start any of the old sessions even creating new one has the same problem yet I can run Cubase 9 with no problems.
I already wasted two hours trying to find a solution and it’s getting annoying…

Has anyone have similar problems?

System - Windows 10 Pro, i7-8700k @3.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Sound Blaster AE-5, GF 1080GTX

I have a similar problem. It’s totally silent. I don’t know what to do next.

I have downloaded a trial version of Elements and cannot get a single thing to sound. Very frustrating. Even though I am new to Cubase, I thought it would be a no-brainer to make it play sounds (I currently use Logic Pro). Perhaps I have overlooked something “obvious”. But I have spent a few hours messing around and watching Youtube videos on this problem, but all to no avail. The little meter at the bottom right corner shows a signal, so I’m convinced it is processing the sounds.

For those of you very well versed with this system, would you suggest this is almost certainly a setting/switch I have missed? Or are there cases when things just go wrong with Cubase? Tips and pointers greatly appreciated.

[In truth, I’ve had a poor onboarding experience so far. The trial license link on the site is broken. It has taken 2 weeks just to get a trial license from Steinberg support. Just hope it gets better from here. The UI looks amazing. That much is promising.]

Thanks

Forgot to mention my environment:
2009 iMac running High Sierra from a Samsung SSD (1 TB)
2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I jumped on board with Cubase 8 and moved to Cubase 9 and no problem. Love this DAW, but the 10 upgrade was terrible for me so far

I am new to cubase and have no sound. Not sure what to do.