Cubase 10 Elements Setup Window Layout (Solved)

Yes, unfortunately it has not been fixed.

As is the Secondary Time Format not implemented…

Hi,

Right, this bug has non been fixed for Cubase Elements 10.0.10.

Any updates regarding this? Hopefully we have some update as a gift for the new year! :slight_smile:

Same Problem here with Cubase 10 Elements (even with 10.0.10).

No matter what I do the Layout/Zones won’t restore on load a Project. I put my 4k Resolution down to 2k, create another Windows USER ect. The Zone’s ON/OFF Information will be stored in the CPR-File cause there Filesize grow when switch ON a Zone. The Problem must be in the LOAD Process.

Hi,

Yes, every Cubase Elements 10 user has this problem.

No, it’s not on the Load side. But there is no workaround. We have to wait for the fix.

Hello
About window layout setting I contacted YAMAHA in Japan at the end of December last year but it was said that it is unclear whether it will be improved at the present time.
Also, the characters displayed when opening the top menu etc. are thinly difficult to read · · ·
There was no problem before 9.5.

Same issue here. I have to reorganise the whole window every time I start Elements 1.
At this point I’m going back to my 9 version, it’s way better.
Shame I wasted all this money on upgrade.

Hi,

Have you tried to Reset the Channel Settings window?

Same issue here. Also Cubase stock EQ settings are not saved. Actually, they seem to be saved, but if you move the EQ away and back to the saved position there is a difference in the sound.
Through an example: So let say you have a -2.0db cut at 4K it will show up as -2.0db cut at 4K in the project when you load it, but it doesn’t sound like one, you have to move the pot to 0 and back to -2.0 db to get the setting back.
I only had demo Cubase 8 AI before but this never happened there.

Can you pls someone try the EQ issue?

Hi,

Make a new thread for the EQ, please. And link it from here, if you want to. But don’t mess it up here, please.

^For what its worth, I think the EQ he’s been having is kinda relevant to this interface issue (as per the topic).

Anyway, any news for the layout problem? Does it really have to take this long? It’s kinda annoying, one purpose of a DAW is to have perfect recall of every project including the window layout. Otherwise it’s like we’re tidying up analog desks and hardwares everytime.

Hi,

It wasn’t addressed in Cubase 10.0.10 update. More important topics (from Steinberg point of view) were addressed. Now we have to wait for the next update and hope Steinberg will find this topic important for the next update. It’s a matter of priorities.

^Will it help if we keep this thread active and updated everyday? Otherwise they might think that it’s okay not to update for this. Come on it’s one of the most basic things that should be first addressed if it’s a matter of priorities before any other “features”. It’s like a malfunction of the save button.

Created a new thread and there are some updates on the issue: Cubase 10 Elements EQ setting not saved - #5 by bjorn666 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Just to add my voice to this - embarrassing bug, this one… such a basic piece of functionality - their automated test scripts should be all over this before it goes anywhere near release …

Yes I did and it still happened. I haven’t used C10 since I posted this.

And I’m joining this thread with the same bug of always hiding zones. Hopefully, to know faster, when it gets fixed.

This issue still exists for me as of 1/19/19. I always have to turn on the zones manually.

I waited for this last update thinking the issue would be addressed, since it wasn’t, I went and bought Logic Pro X. It was that annoying having to reset the layout every time I opened Cubase, that I switched to another DAW.

Hopefully they actually fix it soon, but I’m not waiting around to find out.