Cubase 10 Feedback Survey

Because the price is 99 EURO, not US dollar. 99 Euro is about 150 CAD. The US pricing is a bit different, this has already been explained above.

The only odd thing is that you shouldn’t have been shown the US price in the beginning, since it’s not applicable. It should show the price in CAD directly, alternatively in Euro.

The survey is barely usable on mobile devices allthough the pages have almost no content!

A Cubase user since V1 came out in 1989 on Atari SE, I also used Logic for many years but went back to Cubase when Logic abandoned Windows support.
I really think soul is important and Steinberg has that in a certain form as well as historically being a great instigator of some very fundamental things such as ASIO and virtual studio technology as a whole.
Having upgraded to 10 yesterday I find it’s a good progression and seems to work smoother on a number of fronts including render in place where I had been having some problems in 9.5.
As a multi instrumentalist, singer, writer, producer in my own home studio obviously my needs are different to a guy manning the DAW in a big studio, basically doing what the tape tech used to do. The latter needs a less frills more work flow oriented solution, perhaps in some future version there can be a switch to pass from one mode to another?
I’m sure that some smaller things will get addressed in 10.5 but already I’m happy with the change.

I have completed the survey . And now have a chance to play with Cubase 10,in between working in my day job :slight_smile:

Overall its very good.I like the GUI, the workflow ,the speed of Cubase .The new features, I like such Variaudio 3(which I shall get to grips with sometime). Hoping that the maintenance update or hotfix will address the issues raised by forum members real soon. And not in a few months,keep the rolling updates going.

The option to customize the colors is short,and frustrating ,as I cannot use my own custom color presets from Cubase 9.5.
I have to start over and customize Cubase 10,as I want it.The amount of default colours are now gone,in Cubase 9.5 the choice was much bigger.

Would really like to try Cubase 10. Waiting for the the trial to come out soon!

Very nice so far.

Hey @Matthias,
you can do the feedback query alone without me.
Did you ever click on it yourself? Seems like you like the design of it then.

Making the query barely usable on mobiles AND desktop is really… I mean it is not even easy to mess this up, right?

I feel this also reflects in your recent product improvements: act but do not check.

Yes, difficult to fill in on a mobile device! But I enjoyed doing it and it made me think of things to improve.

Mike.

Hi! I have both element 9.5.41 and pro 10.0.10 Elements now is erased from my comp. i have a big problem with cub10pro. I cannot to freeze any tracks ((( Even with mounted into the cubase vst haloin((( Why it is happen? When a frees any track- cub is hang deadly, so i need to reboot the programm. i am on win 10 operating system.
My config is is: intel coffilake 8100 /16Gb operative/ SSD hard disk 100Gb with 50% oa free space on it
So… my question is?
Why my program cubase 10 pro is not able to freeze any track? It sometimes can- but only 1 time from 10 afforts/
Please answer, couse it is not normal

I upgraded from 9.5 yesterday but haven’t received an activation code yet. How long should that take? I don’t want to start working with 10 until I’m sure it won’t ‘time-out’ on me…

OK… I got it…

upgraded to 10.0.10 and it’s unusable as it keeps crashing every 5 minutes

I just took the Survey :slight_smile:
#1 Feature I asked for is to “Color the MixConsole to reflect the color tracks in the Project Window” :slight_smile:

Was gonna do the survey, but format is unusable on mobile phone. Sorry, but its 2019. I do expect something as simple as a survey to work on my iphone.

C10 would be a really good update, BUT:

1.too many unnecessary changes to tried and tested workflow. nobody who professionally works with ANY software wants to re-learn something that was working perfectly before UNLESS there is a significant improvement!
2.unnecessary changes of GUI purely visual and esthetic with no actual improvement of function. it is detrimental to workflow!
(why change a tool symbol just for the heck of it? DAW’s are not a fashion statement! stop trying to please kids and geeks who gawk at “shiny NEW looks”! (Protools is steadfast!)
3.unstable when working with C9.5 projects
4.unstable with some 3rd party plugins
5.lots of bugs already present in C9.5 not fixed.
6. hitpoint detection broken!!
7. Audio Alignment not working properly.
… etc. more bugs in the forum…
8. really looking forward to ARA2 and hope they get it right!

Bottom line: C10 is not useable to me as a professional tool and i am still working with 9.5 and resent the price of this sloppy and misguided update.

Yes, Pro Tools is the industry standard for a reason. Now that Pro Tools Native is the same price as Cubase, if I was a new DAW customer I would seriously consider PT. I am working with another studio right now and we are recording live in the studio using Pro Tools and I am bringing the tracks back and using AAF format to import the session into Cubase. It works but I miss a lot of what was going on in Pro Tools so it really forced my hand to buy Pro Tools 2018.12. I’m still working in Cubase but there are things that PT does well like vocal comping. I sat there an watched an professional audio engineer just fly through a vocal comp. In no time we had a great track, bounced it, and done. I would love to see Cubase match or exceed what you can do in Pro Tools. The new Project Logical Editor is a good step in that direction. Those commands have to port from one version to another.

Bottom line for me, I don’t want to spend time using and struggling with software. I want to make music and do things on my own to save with production costs as it is difficult to make it back on album sales and streaming income.

Cant stand the new gui. For that reason alone i will not be using version 10, unless they add the option to go back to the previous gui.

Oh that’s easy to do :smiley: … Just go to the Highlight the Chord Track and go to the Inspector and you should see a “Lock” icon. That will prevent your notes from changing or moving out of scale :wink:

To the user who was impressed by how well Protools vocal comping works. I own Protools and Cubase and find the vocal comping in Cubase much better and quicker. Spend some time with it and you might agree. Other features maybe be better in Protools (not many) but for me vocal comping (along with built in tuning functionality) isn’t one of them.

i agree. the comping in Cubase is very fast and flexible, especially in combination with track versions.

+1 ! Very good summary. Cubase 10 looks like a game. It’s a messy fear at the interface level. I do not know who took control of this Steinberg aspect, but you have to ask the Dorico people for help. Please come back to a serious interface.