Cubase 10 freezes when using halion sonic se and grove agent

Cubase 10 freezes when using halion sonic se and grove agent

same here

Hi,

Why you can’t see a timeline?

Same here. Just upgraded from a perfectly working 9.5 to Cubase 10. Two issues: the moment I open Groove Agent (4.2) or a song which uses GA, Cubase freezes. Second issue: every time I open Cubase, it asks me to register; which I’ve now done already a couple of times…
Help! Can’t work without Groove Agent.
Strangely enough, the GA SE version does run without problems.

Hi,

To me it sounds the preferences are not stored while quit Cubase (otherwise Cubase wouldn’t ask you for the Registration again and again).

Does your Cubase quit properly (without crash)? Can you see some crash dump files int Documents/Steinberg/CrashDumps folder?

SOLVED (at least my issue with all projects with GA4 tracks freezing when opening)
I reinstalled Groove Agent 4, but that didn’t work.
Desperate to start working again, I bought the upgrade to GA5.
Installed Groove Agent 5 and all was back to normal.

CUBASE 10 is completely useless to do the right job. After 2 weeks of use, I am still working on only one project because I can’t finish where there are 8 mono audio channel, 1 VST (Kontakt) BASS, and a drum (AD2) band. I’d like to finalize the project, but I’ll always get the CUBASE 10 (even after the upgrade) hangs and turn off the machine, saying I’ll go on later. But this is the case every day. I regret buying it!!! The 10.0.10 update didn’t help me, I would like to tell everyone who hopes! In my CrashDumps folder, I have 1 piece of 8.5 dmp and 40 10.0.5 and 10.0.10 dmp in 2 years of use Cubase! I note that I have not used any 3rd plugin, I have already turned it off and only use Cubase 10 channel strip and internal plugins. Intel I5, 16Gb DDR3, 1Tb SSD, HP ELITE BOOK 2017. I think my configuration has no problem, because 8.5 only once in 2 years it was crashed.
I find all the words here in the board superfluous. I am thinking of the next update, which is trying to solve many user complaints and wait years.