Cubase 10 Latency with Presonus Firestudio Project

After many years of using Cubase 5, and a Presonus Firestudio Project (connected by FW) successfully, I decided it was time to upgrade both the computer and Cubase. My new PC build includes: Gigabyte Z370P D3 Motherboard, i7-8700 3.2GHz CPU, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-266 RAM, 500GB SSD harddrive, Windows 10 home x64, Vantec Firewire PCIe model#UGT-FW210 card, Presonus Firestudio Project, and Cubase Pro 10.0.5

So far the only issue i’m experiencing is with 12-14ms Latency, which although is not extremely high seems to be much higher than i would expect with this set up. This is after I downloaded the Presonus Firestudio Project Windows 10 driver and have selected it as my ASIO. Using the generic ASIO the latency jumps into the 20+ms range.

I’m looking for advice on what i might be missing. Maybe how to change the buffer, or any other advice on trying to reduce this latency. BTW, the latency is with a short, simple two audio track (guitar and mic) file just created to test, nothing fancy or overwhelming.

thanks in advance.
JC :unamused: