Cubase 10 Pro not detecting Mic signal in iMac

Hi, I am currently using Cubase 10 Pro in iMac and my Audio interface is Apollo Twin MKii. I have installed my Apollo Twin’s driver and in the Apollo’s UA console, the mic signal is detected, however the signal are not detected in Cubase 10 event after the input are created correctly. Trying to understand am I missing any steps here? either Apollo Twin not supported by Cubase? or are there anything I need to do before Cubase can detect the signal from mic? Hope someone can assist me on this issue. (I’m new for iMac and Apollo interface). Thanks.

Hi and welcome,

Isn’t it this issue?

Btw, do you have the latest Cubase 10.0.15 installed, please?

Thanks for the tips and honestly this is what I missed. And to answer the question, Yes, the current Cubase in my Mac is the latest version 10.0.15. The link does resolve my issue. Appreciate your assistance and time to assist. Cheers!

Hello thank you for this solution and built in microphone is working, but I’d like to take it a step farther and use the iMac Pro microphone in an aggregate device, when I combine my Apollo and iMac Pro microphone into an aggregate device the microphone doesn’t show as an option for input. I’ve restarted Cubase (10.0.20)

I wonder if I have to add Audio/Midi Setup to the allowed list in Security also? I was able to do this type of aggregate device on a 2016 Macbook Pro also running Mojave 10.14.4

thank you

Hi,

Yes, I guess you have to allow this aggregate device too.

Btw, officially using Aggregate Device is not supported by any DAW. There are synchronisation issues (on thy system level) between the devices.