Cubase 10 (under Windows10) crash due to PADSHOP and RETROLOGUE

Hi friends,
this is to be a continue of this issue: AIR Hybrid 3.0.7 causes CRASH of Cubase when loading projects - Cubase - Steinberg Forums, let me open a new thread because the reason of crash is obviously not Hybrid as assumed before, but VST3 Steinberg plugins Retrologue or Padshop. I hope a new thread with an adequate subject title could catch attention of users that may have had similar issues… This is already a second week I can´t open my older projects with instances of Padshop or Retrologue. One or another is always the reason of crash when loading project (based on the analysis of crash dump files).

This is what has been observed and done so far:

• I´ve been facing this problem since I did upgrade from Windows7 to Windows 10 two weeks ago

• Cubase CAN be opened without issues, the problem occurs only when opening existing projects with Padshop or Retrologue instances

• Sometimes, from some unexplainable reasons, Cubase CAN open also these projects, but the success is maybe one from ten attempts

• there´s no problem opening a new instrument track with Padshop or Retrologue within a new project, however, at Padshop I sometimes get an error - in these cases Cubase does not stop working, the error only pops up, and when I close it I can open another instrument track and this opens without issues

• I reinstalled Padshop and updated Retrologue (i.e. both are up.to.date) - did not help

• Deleting all older preferences did not help either

• iLok as well es eLicenser are up-to-date, this should be OK

• Plug-in manager shows no complications, also paths to the plugíns are OK

Thank you for possible hints if someone has encountered similar issues and managed to solve them.

P.S. Hello Martin, hopefully you forgive me opening a new thread :wink:

Follow up of this thread.

dmp file
Cubase Elements 10.0.40.284 64bit 2020.5.23 14.44.39.021.dmp (785 KB)

Hi,

In any case, I would recommend to update to the latest Cubase 10.0.60.

Though the crash is still in Padshop. I can’t see it here in the history. Have you already tried to trash Padshop preferences?
%appData% Steinberg/Pdashop_64bit folder.

Hi Martin,
I tried deleting the preferences in the past but as I remember it didn’t help. I’m surprised there is a new update of Cubase Elements 10, missed it, I will update of course

OK, so even the update did not help. Padshop keeps crashing, Retrologue as well, I can´t even find any presets within the Retrologue, this is absolute mess. There´s nothing left than just saying goodbay to these plugins. This is not normal that there´s no solution since february… I have experienced many technical problems with many plugins, they always could be solved, but these two plugins are a real challenge…