Cubase 10 USB Midi stopped working

Hello, I have been using cubase for a while now but only used USB Midi, until now. I decided to get a Roland TR8-S and plugged its midi in into the midi out of my Steinberg UR44. Ever since i did that, my USB Midi Keyboards (Casio Privia, Akai LPK25) stopped working properly with vst instruments, the Midi track itself works when I play it and the “Midi Out Activity” meter lights up when i press the keys, it also does not work when any specific USB Midi device is selected in the Track control window. Also, my NI Maschine MK3 works perfectly without problems.

I have no Experience at all with any kind of Midi devices, so it could be a Midi configuration problem, but at this point I’m shooting shots in the dark.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Please, double-check the Studio > Studio Setup > MIDI Ports Setup. Can you see the MIDI Input Ports there? Are these MIDI Ports available in the “All MIDI Inputs”? Do you use any Remote Device?

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hi and thank you for answering so quickly.
I have tried both and they did not help. Also the on screen keyboard also doesn’t work.

Hi,

Open Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Filter. Make sure the MIDI data are not filtered out. Could you attach a screenshot of this Preferences page, please?