Cubase 10 vs 10.5 events look

… such as the animations in the screwed-up single line right-click toolbox, for example.

Hi people, personally I am very very disappointed that we have no choice as said above. I really hate this flat color, I loved as it was before! When I compare side by side it’s clear that I prefer the previous version! I hope we will have the choice to change as we please in an upcoming update.
www.guillaumebaron.com/Transfert/difference.jpg

On this one, I have to say that yes, eye candy is nice, but performance is top. I don’t really care how my audio looks.

So you want a preference so that cubase can use more resources for shiny gradients instead of computing power for the main thing a DAW is there for ?

I think preferences should be saved for useful stuff.

In fairness, it might not be obvious to non-computer-geek types that things like color gradients need a lot of computing power when they need to be updated dynamically, for example, when scrolling through the project window while playing back audio (and now video too).

This is also the reason that Windows 10 looks very flat in comparision to Vista or XP. Do you want rock-solid performance for realtime applications such as media production, or would you prefer that it just looks really cool? That is the choice.

Well, having two graphics versions adds complexity and increases the testing work required in each new release, so I think it’s best avoided.

Thank god the gradients are gone.

I would generally agree with that statement, but when it comes to appearance, I think more customization options are always preferable. People have such wildly different tastes. I don’t get the sense that there is a clear consensus as to whether or not the flat look is better. Same thing with the track labels at the bottom of the mixer.

It’s the human condition. We’re all different. Change happens. We naturally oppose change, but change is good, and crucial to evolution.

However when a random change is universally rejected, such as the completly fcuked up Transport Panel, then it needs to die its Darwinian death.

Yes, it’s not obvious to non-computer-geek types especially today in 2019 when our computers are as fast as never before, 32 bit dropped, all previous Windows dropped, tons of bugs are still here and finally we’ve found the culprit - gradients !!!
Cubase 5 had flat events and it wasn’t so bad because other stuff (buttons etc.) was 3D and not PURE WHITE on top of slightly dimmed white. Look at the Strip in the MixConsole (when the slots are empty) it looks disgusting!! And why now (when everything is so flat and performance is rock-solid) we must see artifacts of empty squares in the Mixconsole’s pictures slots, perhaps it has some bad impact on the over all stability and performance? :laughing:

You sound somewhat angry. I’m not attempting to defend some of the brain-dead GUI random changes in this release. I agree, largely.

Please don’t take it personally.

Yes I’m angry because now we have this:

Instead of this:

Now that you point it out, I do prefer the later.

No reason to be angry (or call anyone braindead whoever that was)

I do look forward to the day when the Cubase GUI - stops - changing. Mostly just the relic windows that haven’t changed since SX3 need to be updated… Now that we have coloured mix console, nothing else really needs to change. Even these more advanced track-control layouts people are posting in feature requests, I could live without.

Hi,

Unfortunately this seems to be a bug. The contour of the ChannelStrip modules shouldn’t be so thick. We will have a look at it. You are on Mac or Windows? What is your display resolution?

Cheers,
Matthias

Same here. Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1920*1080

Also, it’s weird that now all the labels are centered except the EQ, which is aligned to the left.

Older one is better though not a fan of the 2d interface at all, seems all the DAW’s , like modern cars are all beginning to resemble each other. What’s happened to the trade mark look of Cubase? Turning into studio 1 look alike?

Thanks Matthias for clarification. I’ve installed on win 10 and the installer took all the settings from C9.5. On Win 8.1 I’ve renamed Cubase 9.5 folder before installation but had the same result. My screen resolution 2560x1440 (100%).

Anyway new Tool Bar icons and Tool bar itself (white on top of white) looks really ugly. And as Jorge Ruiz pointed out: why EQ label aligned to the left? And why EQ slot is always (in my case) green even it’s not engaged?

So this is something to be fixed in Cubase 11? :laughing:

Looks really odd with these big white borders and also the centering of the text is not good (besides EQ to be green all the time)

Second one looks much better and easier to read. Is that C9?