Cubase 10. Worst update till now

While I have invested my money by moving over to Cubase back in June this year.Music production is a hobby of mine btw

Surely the people at Steinberg would have properly tested Cubase 10 before its launch.As Cubase 10 is a major release,that got everyone excited about.
Theres a lot of great features,but I am shocked at the amount of bugs and issues with Cubase 10.

Glad I didn’t remove Cubase 9.5.That’s what i shall use for now.

thats where i bought and i am originally from germany having registered with them too. are you saying there is a direct way to create a ticket with steinberg germany? can you point me in the direction?
thanks

Great new features. Not overly buggy for me.

My concern is the blatant money gauging. Charging Canadians in Euros means $150 for an upgrade from Groove Agent 4 to 5 also $150 from Cubase 9.5 to 10.

A bit much!

EVERYBODY STAY CALM

Having a lot of these same issues. All my old templates seem buggy and are not usable. I’m having to remake them.

+1 worst update ever. not only losing my work but also my eyesight. thank feck 9.541 is good enough for years to come.

When I try to open some 9.5 projects in C10 Cubase starts to load and then poof it just disappears. I’ve never ever had that happen with new versions

This has been discussed in other threads multiple times already. People name different plugin manufacturers not being compatible with C10 on WIn10. Try compatibility mode and set C10 to Windows 8 mode.

This forum sounds a bit like when Version 4.0 was released after the end of SX versions. Seems like a very, very long time a go!

Worst version yet (upgrade) ? Its got a lot of real competition for that title. Not waisting time trying to find out.

I think Cubase 10 is the best update in many years. But I totally get that some people are having issues, and that’s always the case with dot zero release, especially – frustratingly so – from Steinberg. Hopefully Steinberg is listening to the issue reports and will solve them quickly for those who are super frustrated.

Re: overall workflow improvements, I also get that some people don’t like some of them, but I think they’re generally outstanding, with a few exceptions. Overall, I feel this is a really excellent release by Steinberg, but I respect that some folks feel otherwise.

Re: Steinberg’s track record… those that have been around a long time also know that a new Cubase version usually doesn’t get really “solid” until about 6 months after release, so in this case, that will probably be around 10.0.30 in the late spring or summer. Not saying that’s a good thing at all, nor am I trying to justify Steinberg… that’s just the long-established pattern and the blunt reality that people should consider before upgrading. Hopefully they will change that pattern for people that are having issues though.

Best of luck to anyone having big frustrations with Cubase 10. There are plenty of people who are very impressed or happy with it though, including some very skeptical critics like myself. Hope things get solved for you!

Cheers! And carry on! Steinberg needs to hear your frustration so they can figure out their priorities to fix things.

Well, it´s indeed kind of disappointing.

The thing is… they touched things that only made life worse!!
WHY on earth they decided to invert the piano roll colours?? I simply cannot tune anything with this “trendy, cool” new setup. Come on… making sharp key light and natural keys dark is, at least for me, counter-intuitive and unnecessary. Or I am old fashion??

Colour tool: why? tell me why, Steinberg? Is this a sort of torture??

Profile Manager doesn´t manage everything, so migrating is being a total mess and a waste of precious time (Control room for instance).

So… I upgraded but am still working on 9.5…

+1
I like Cubase 10 more than any other Cubase version ever, and will never want to get back to the old workflow, or miss the new functionality.
But of course the bugs and crashes (especially compatibilty bugs concerning older projects and settings) have to disappear as soon as possible.
And while I feel with everyone running into trouble, “worst update ever” still is a completely silly evaluation from my view. Apart from some older project loading problems, it’s the most stable .0 version for working on new projects, which I have had in years, and while 9.5 has been a crazy CPU hog here (unlike 9.0), 10 is back to more normal CPU use.

+100000
a complete disaster and waste of money!! worst one ever. no new features that are really worth the upgrade. Steiny are beginning to lose the plot if they are charging customers for these half arsed baked attempts they call upgrades. This is the second time Steinberg have duped me (first one was Groove Agent 5) and being weary about this new trend I waited this long to upgrade! Really disappointed, absolutely awful and feel cheated. Performance on Mac is the same, some features have been removed (like resizing channel strip, right click tools) at least give me the option and doesn’t look or feel any better than 9.5. The fact that some windows are like the previous versions and some have been updated means that they didn’t finish what they started in time for the release and just released it cause they were sure that people like me would buy it!! :imp: :smiling_imp: Anyway enough… back to 9.5. But for people on the fence about upgrading… don’t waste your money and DON’T UPGRADE!!!

I have been running 9.5 projects for the last few weeks with only a few issues. Given some of the issues I have had with past versions I am not recognising many of the issues users are having. I wonder how many of you have been approaching the new update. I always open a blank version and create a template from scratch and save it. I then introduce myself to the new features and play around with things - record something etc.
I close this down Cubase saving the project. I then created a new project with a 9.5 template and see what happens. The main issue for me was the colours were different. So I reloaded the Dawlab Colours as default and corrected the old template colours. Then I loaded a recent 9.5 project. Everything was working fine, but I had to correct the colours. I actually found that the cpu handling was improved. All the past project I have loaded have worked fine so far.
If you leap into using a new version of Cubase you are asking for problems. You really do need to ease yourself into it. Yes I am not convinced about the new right click menus, but I have adjusted so far. I actually had more issues initially with Cubase 9.0
I would never work upon a current project in a New version of Cubase until I was happy that it was working for me. I accept that for many users these are issues of great concern, but so often with software changes the problems don’t always rest with the developer.

So far ZERO issues for me. I’ve only done a couple of small projects so far though. I do wish they would return the color tool though back to 9.5 settings.

I can simply go via MySteinberg and then choose MySupport and then I can submit a ticket by choosing the right options (Problem).
After the required details are provided I will have a ticket with SB support.

lol…

WHY?
Been with Cubase since v4.
After this awful. awful update, I’m working in Logic again…(Unfortunately).

I don’t understand, but would like to- Why did you switch to logic rather than go back your previous version of Cubase?

I’ve had a couple crashes and there are admittedly a few bugs but I think this topic is way over-the-top.

My experience is on a fresh OS install btw.

Most of the new features are excellent and some workflow improvements are very positive.